Real money – Real people – Real success
Kick start your career
AO was awarded ‘Best Sales Employer’ and ‘Best Sales Team’ in the UK by the Institute of Sales Management (BESMA awards) 2018. The BESMA awards are the most prestigious sales awards in the UK and we’re proud to be crowned winners ahead of some of the leading companies in the UK.
85% of our Sales Executives earn £47k OTE, however our top performers earn in excess of £70k. 80% of our Sales Managers are home grown. Commission is uncapped and there are huge opportunities to progress. The unique buzz of our teams is infectious and the atmosphere is unique.
Here’s what you can expect
You’re not just filling a seat here, you’re part of a team. You’re joining a business with real values, where success is a joint effort and every single person has a part to play. Our recruitment process is built on the belief that who we are matters, and we’re really proud of it.
- An initial call that’ll give you a chance to find out more about us, more about the role, and ask any burning questions you might have.
- A 30-minute telephone interview that gives us chance to get to know you; what you’ve been up to, what gets you out of bed in the morning, that sort of thing.
- A Face-to-face interview lasting around an hour and a half. It might seem like a long time, but we like to show you around, let you listen in on a call with an experienced sales executive, ask questions, and have a go yourself in a role-play scenario.
- We’ll finish off with a competency interview that aligns with our values.
- Verbal feedback within 48 hours of your interview, so you won’t be waiting for the postman.
Hone your skills
Since 2014, our sales training inductions have been endorsed by the Institute of Sales Management and we now offer qualifications from A-level up to degree level in sales and marketing alongside our own training. Our classroom induction consists of two weeks intensive classroom training where we introduce new starters to our culture, our way of doing things and our sales processes. Following on from the initial induction, new starters join our academy where you can hone your skills.
We know what talent looks like, that’s why 80% of our assistant managers have been promoted from within, and fast. A number of our graduates have been successfully promoted within 6 months of joining AO. Our amazing management training kits out our managers to drive the right behaviours, develop leadership skills, and promote the importance of working with integrity. AO isn’t just somewhere to work, it’s a place where you can build your career.
Go the extra mile
We work hard, which means we have every right to play hard. We take what we do seriously, but we do it with a smile. This could be donuts on National Employee Appreciation Day, or strawberries and cream for Wimbledon. Regular nights out include bowling, theme park trips and group meals at some of the best places the city has to offer.
There’ll be awards, seasonal activities and if we’ve had a good week, we might just get the pizzas in. There’s also Team of the Week, every week, treating our top performers to a meal out.
Meet some of the Team
Giovanna – Sales Executive
“Change is hard, I relocated and changed my job. AO was the best move I’ve made and I’ll never look back.”
Bradley – Graduate Sales Executive
“Give it a go, you’ll meet great people, have a great opportunity to develop your personal skills and make some decent money.”