About The Role
Our Night Shift Team Leaders play a vital part in the operation and the customer journey by rolling up our sleeves up to get things done. You will report directly to our Shift Supervisors, Site Manager and Operational Management Team.
Our Team Leader will ensure that our day-to-day warehouse operation always runs effectively and that the warehouse achieves its objectives and KPI’s set out by the business. You will provide support to the warehouse making sure that everything runs smoothly, and the company operate with full compliance.
We offer excellent internal development opportunities.
- Salary: £10.92 per hour / £22,855.56 per annum
- Hours: 4 on 4 off shift pattern, 20:00pm-8:00am (40.25 hours per week)
- Job Type: Full time and permanent contract
- Location: Junction 19 Industrial Park, Green Lane, Heywood, OL10 1NB
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Allocate and supervise daily tasks as well as briefing the team
- Monitor the quality of work that our operatives carry out and manage their performance
- Ensure that all products are handled correctly and in-line with manual handling guidelines
- Adhere to all Health and Safety procedures
- Investigate and rectify any discrepancies
- Motivate and encourage the team
- Provide admin support where needed
- Complete handovers to the days team
- Support with HR functions such as disciplinary meetings in a fair and consistent way
- Plan the shift and monitor workloads to ensure that all tasks are complete
- Be responsible for the site’s cleanliness and maintenance
- Continually working towards reducing damage levels
A Few Things About You
- Able to remain calm under pressure and solve problems
- Support the development/wellbeing of your team
- Have a passion to deliver the service we promise our customers
- Able to lead, inspire and motivate others
- Confident with a fair and consistent approach to people management
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels
- PC literate including warehouse software and Microsoft Packages
A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
- 24 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme
- Healthcare Cashback Scheme
- Attendance Bonus
- Exclusive Staff Discount
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Packages
- Expression of wish service
- Make a difference days (x2 fully paid charity days a year)
- Share-save Scheme
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.