About The Role
At our Bracknell depot the magic happens at night as our Warehouse Operatives complete the loading of our delivery vehicles. As our Supervisor you will manage the shift and ensure that each delivery vehicle is loaded in a safe and efficient way whilst your team are engaged and productive..
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Delivering vital reports used by the wider depot team and head office on a daily basis
- Ensuring that all vehicles leaving the depot are secure and meet required transport legislation requirements
- Effectively managing your team including ER issues, recruitment and engagement
- Ensure that all employees are complying with our H&S processes to maintain a safe working environment for everyone
- Complete alcohol testing when required
- Communicate with our Self Employed Drivers, handling any queries efficiently and in a professional manner
- Managing the people resources available each shift
A Few Things About You
* Previous experience within a Team Leader or Supervisory role
* People Management skills including ER processes
* Some awareness of Transport, Logistics, Distribution or Warehousing
* Able to remain calm and focussed under time pressure
* Able to solve problems independently and with confidence
* Able to communicate effectively especially by email and phone
* Has a logical and methodical approach to all tasks
* PC literate including warehouse software and Microsoft Packages
* Can use Excel to intermediate or advanced level
* Strong communicator
A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2001 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers are now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it. We’ve got everything you could need in one place, so it’s really no wonder we were named Retail Week Employer of the Year 2015.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun. Take a look at  here.