About The Role
Our Warehouse Operatives play a key part in ensuring that our customers receive the right appliances in perfect condition and that all of our vehicles are loaded correctly. As one of our Warehouse Operatives, you will report directly into the Nightshift Supervisors and need to be able to work well in a busy team.
We offer excellent internal development opportunities, and we provide full training on site.
- Salary: £11.14 per hour / £21,625.00 per annum
- Hours: 4 on 2 off, working 12:00pm-9:30am (37.33 hours per week)
- Job Type: Full time and permanent contract
- Location: Unit 200 Focal Point, Fleming Way, Crawley, RH10 9DF
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Working to deadlines unloading products from the trailers and loading onto 3.5t and 7.5t delivery vehicles using the correct process
- Assigning the products to the correct delivery vehicles using pick sheets
- Checking that trailers going back to Head Office are loaded correctly
- Using the correct manual handling techniques and safe systems of work in line with H&S training
- Comfortable with handling large appliances and completing heavy manual handling
- Limit any potential damages by handling appliances in line with training
- Reporting any accidents, product issues or damages
- Other general warehouse responsibilities
A Few Things About You
While working it is important that we all work together to stay motivated throughout the shift, therefore you must be able to work independently and work well within a team.
- Previous warehouse experience is preferred
Why Choose AO?
Customer Experience is at the heart of everything we do. AO’s success is rooted in our culture of treating every customer like our gran and making decisions our Mums would be proud of. Our Warehouse team are backed by over 240,000 excellent Trustpilot reviews and they’re a vital part of the 5 million deliveries we make each year.
- 31 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme
- Healthcare Cashback Scheme
- Attendance Bonus
- Exclusive Staff Discount
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Packages
- Expression of wish service
- Make a difference days (x2 fully paid charity days a year)
- Share-save Scheme
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.