A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
More About the Role
As an Administrative Assistant, you will be responsible for helping to drive administration of the business. As a waste electrical recycler dealing with both hazardous and non-hazardous waste, administration of the site is crucial to the business. This is a customer facing role and as such a well presented and polite person is key.
There are exciting times ahead for AO Recycling! This role provides a great opportunity for someone keen to join a growing team in the recycling sector and continue to develop.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Undertaking general administrative duties for the business;
* Data input as a result of service activities;
* Undertaking office support, including filing & photocopying;
* Reception duties when required;
* Arranging deliveries with customers;
* Assisting the Operations team with paperwork;
* Route planning;
* Liaising with couriers;
* Updating customer records;
* Any other relevant administrative tasks as directed by the Admin Manager.
A Few Things About You
Qualifications and knowledge
* Positive attitude;
* Adaptable when required;
* Enthusiasm towards the business;
* Able to work on own initiative when required;
* Methodical and precise in nature;
* Show initiative to recognize emerging problems and pro-actively develop solutions.
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.