About The Role
As our Transport Administrator you will work closely with be a vital member of the team that helps to ensure each one of our customers receive their appliance on time, every time.
In return for you living our values we provide:
* 4 on 4 off shift patterns to support a great home life balance.
* 12-hour shifts.
* Excellent internal development opportunities.
* Employee discount and a growing list of other perks.
* Pension Plan.
* On-going learning and development opportunities within our business
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
Our Transport Administrator will ensure that the daily Outbase operation runs effectively at all times. You will provide on-going support to our Drivers in making sure that deliveries throughout their day are efficiently completed, on time, every time whilst remaining legally compliant with Transport legislation and working time directives.
- Record any vehicle defects and communicate this to the Outbase Manager/De-Briefers and Nightshift Supervisors to ensure that no vehicles classed as off the road are used.
- Allocate routes to our Self Employed driver’s for the following day, managing their expectations; fairly and consistently.
- Update daily reports for the Outbase and log any issues.
- Communicate with the Driver’s ensuring that any statements and paperwork is completed at the earliest opportunity
- Ensure that all licence checks are completed for new Self-employed drivers and remain in line with regulatory bodies through DVLA
- Order Outbase supplies when required including uniform requirements for new Driver’s.
- Controlling the fuel card’s - issuing and reporting any lost or stolen to ensure that replacements can be issued
- Raising purchase order’s when required
* Recording of additional payments once authorised by the
A Few Things About You
You need to be able to build lasting, effective relationships with people around you even under pressure and in difficult situations. You must be smart enough to think on your feet and have a
passion to drive our performance paying careful attention to the service we deliver for our customers. You will be enthusiastic and driven towards achieving high standards of quality and be bold enough to make key decisions quickly and trust your own judgement in the absence of the Outbase Manager.
* An in-depth understanding of transport legislation and logistics operations
* Experience of working to tight deadlines
* Experience of working in a transport/logistics environment with daily fluctuating workloads
* Able to react quickly to information, helping solve any challenges to routes
- Able to remain calm and focussed under time pressure
* Able to solve problems independently and with confidence
* Able to communicate effectively especially by email and phone
* Has a logical and methodical approach to all tasks
* PC literate including warehouse software and Microsoft Packages
* Can use Excel to intermediate or advanced level
* Experience using in-house transport management systems is an advantage
A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding bank holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.
• Simply Health cash plan, which can help you save towards both medical and dental care.
• Exciting bonus scheme in place for all AO employees. If AO does well over the next five years, our people could be in line for a lump sum equivalent to a year and a half's salary.
• Discount on AO products