About The Role
Our Transport Administrators play a vital part in the operation and the customer journey by making sure that all our customers receive their deliveries on time, every time.
You’ll work closely with our routing team and provide continual support to the Self-Employed Drivers dealing with any issues that might arise. You’ll also ensure that we remain legally compliant within Transport Legislation and working time directives.
We offer excellent internal development opportunities, and we provide full training on site.
- Salary: £22,145 - £26,265 per annum
- Hours: 4 on 4 off, 8:00am-20:00pm (40.25 hours per week)
- Job Type: Full time and permanent contract
- Location: Chittening Industrial Estate, Greensplott Road, Avonmouth, BS11 0YB
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Record any vehicle defects and ensure that no vehicles classed as ‘off-the-road’ are being used
- Allocate routes to our Self-Employed drivers for the following day
- Update daily reports for the Outbase and log any issues
- Communicate with drivers ensuring that any statements and paperwork is completed
- Complete licence checks for new Self-Employed Drivers
- Order uniform when needed for drivers
- Issue and report any lost or stolen fuel cards
- Raising purchase orders when required
- Completing daily checks such as fire log, site check etc
- Ensure that all vehicles are loaded efficiently within legal and safety guidelines
- Support with performance on agreed KPI's
A Few Things About You
- An in-depth understanding of transport legislation
- Able to remain calm and focused under pressure
- Able to solve problems independently and with confidence
- Able to communicate effectively especially via email and phone
- PC literate including Microsoft packages with Excel at intermediate or advanced level
A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
- 24 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme
- Healthcare Cashback Scheme
- Exclusive Staff Discount
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Packages
- Expression of wish service
- Make a difference days (x2 fully paid charity days a year)
- Share-save Scheme
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.