Technical Consultant - D365
Location: Home Based
About The Role
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits
Remote - 2 days a month in our Bolton office
We’re on a journey to transform the way we work at AO. We’re investing £ millions into upgrading our ERP from Dynamics AX to Dynamics 365, bringing the power, speed, and intelligence of cloud computing into our organisation.
The first stop on our roadmap is to embed, optimise and roll out D365 into our Finance team. Then we’ll be integrating other areas such as HR, Sales, and Supply Chain. So we’re looking for a specialist in the D365 finance module to join us and lead the delivery and growth of this critical application.
As a Technical Consultant, you’ll work closely with the Enterprise Solutions Architect and make sure all of our environments are ready for us to implement D365. Taking a people and process-based approach, you’ll listen to stakeholders and understand exactly what the business needs - and more importantly, design how we’ll deliver it. This role will give you exposure to the latest and best ERP technology, unrivalled career growth, and the ability to shape the future of D365 at AO.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Work with Technical Leads and Solution Architects to make sure our technical delivery aligns with the solution designs and project plans
- Delivering technical environment design internally, and managing any activity supported by our external partners
- Optimising and maintaining D365 lifecycle services and performance
- Maintain the Release Management environments for the business and implement standards, processes, and controls for configuration and release activities
- Make sure audit and security is compliant across all environments and security roles
- Resolve all critical and/or complex issues in the environments, and communicate this process to stakeholders
A Few Things About You
- Deep technical knowledge of Dynamics 365 for Finance & Operations, with previous experience designing and developing extensions/customisations
- Experience in the design and implementation of system integration to D365
- Strong technical requirement gathering skills with proven experience of this
- You'll love to solve problems, and have a structured approach to introducing change, particularly with operational systems
- Great relationship skills and comfortable working with a range of tech and non-tech stakeholders
- You can influence others, confidently lead change, and present complex ideas to others in an easy-to-understand way
- Knowledge of ERP implementations within a cross-cultural and fast paced environment
- Comprehensive experience using Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012/D365 other associated modules
A Bit About Us
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re known for helping our customers brilliantly - and it’s no different for AOers. We care about more than what’s on your CV, because together we can do extraordinary things.
Our benefits are designed to cover the moments that matter to AOers. From health and wellness to giving back - you’ll be rewarded inside and outside of work.
- 25 days holiday - earn more days the longer you’re with us, with the option to buy more too!
- Carry any leftover annual leave into the next holiday year
- Staff discount at ao.com & discounted gym offers
- Free on-site breakfast
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Packages
- 2x fully paid charity days a year
- Internal first approach to recruitment - you get first dibs on any new jobs across the business
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.