A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
More About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Team Leader that is looking to join a rapidly expanding recycling company on a permanent basis.
You will support the Supervisor in the development of their teams through providing direction, guidance, support, coaching and mentoring, to ensure all KPI's are delivered.
Promoting the highest levels of quality and performance whilst driving Health and Safety culture and employee welfare is very important to us.
Team Leader promotes the highest levels of quality and performance whilst driving Health and Safety culture and employee welfare.
You will be responsible for the team delivery and acts as the first point of contact for all staff related issues including absence, performance and conduct.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Build and maintain strong teams focused on quality and efficiency in everything they do in a safe and clean working environment
- Champion the standards incorporated at operations level, ensure all required SOPs and SSOWS are in place, understood by the Operative Employees and consequently, complied with by all staff.
- Ensure that all staff issues are discussed with the Department Manager(s) and incident investigations are completed on time and in line with best practice.
- Support the Department Manager in rota planning, covering for absences to ensure the most cost-effective operational solution.
- Ensure that staff responsibilities for the work areas and processes are clearly defined and complied with and that any breaches dealt with promptly and appropriately.
- Inspire the team, celebrate and recognise high performance and effort. Positively work with other department for the overall benefit of the business
A Few Things About You
- * Experienced in a Team Leader Role. Providing the teams with direction, setting and consistently expecting high standards is a must for this role
- * Capable of enforcing and following procedures and policies in respect to processes, H&S, HR and others
- * Experienced in adhering to high standards for quality and quantity across all teams and areas of the operations with the special regard for hygiene
- * Used to robust monitoring and maintaining quality, productivity and managing performance
- * Adaptable to changing circumstances adjusting the plan and taking a constructive approach
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.