About The Role
At AO Recycling, we are committed to extracting as much value as possible from the waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) that is thrown away by UK households every year. Like the rest of the AO Group, we are a very exciting and enthusiastic company to work for. The SHEQ officer role will be located at our plants in Telford, Shropshire, which use state of the art technology and is able to process more items, more efficiently than any other site in the UK.
We are growing rapidly and so with that, opportunities to develop and try new approaches become aplenty. If you are an energetic, hands on, innovative professional, this is the environment for you. We are part of a bigger group and with that backing comes stability and support for our business. And it is always worth remembering - we run a profitable business whilst doing the right thing for the environment.
As you can see we are a Business that is committed and has the desire and passion to make sure staff, visitors, health safety and welfare are at the heart of all our Business activities and decisions.
This is a very demanding role within a fast paced business, so if you want plenty of challenges and have the desire to make sure our People, Property and Environment are safe and healthy whilst helping to reduce the UK’s Environmental Impact then please contact us and let us know who you are.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
Here’s what you can expect to be doing:
- Maintenance and continual improvement of Certification to ISO 14001 Environmental Management, WELABEX, ISO 45001Health and Safety Systems.
- Maintenance and continual improvement of Certification to ISO 9001 Quality Management systems.
- Work with AO Recycling SHEQ Team to comply with all Environmental, Health and Safety Legislative, AO Recycling Legal Duties and Obligations.
- Work with and inform as required AO Recycling Dept Managers and Teams to comply with all SHE Legislative Duties and requirements
- Ensure compliance with all applicable and current UK Environmental legislation
- Collate, compile and present to SHEQ Manager on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis SHE Performance
- Address any non-conformance with the Environmental Safety procedures or poor hygiene behaviours with the employees and escalates any unresolved issues to the SHEQ Manager.
- Collate. Compile all required information/reports as required by the Environment Agency and as requested by Stakeholders
- Manage and complete agreed SMART Objectives
A Few Things About You
A few things about you:
· WAMITAB Level 4 Hazardous Substances or Diploma Environmental Management
· NEBOSH Certificate in Health and Safety (minimum)
· Broad range of experience within High-Risk Manufacturing Environments
· Minimum 5 years working within a Senior Environmental Health & Safety Role
· DSEAR experience desirable.
· Experience in Contractor assessment and controls
· Experience within a Recycling Environment desirable
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.