About The Role
AO Recycling is looking for a Dynamic SHEQ Manager to help lead and continuously improve the health, safety and Environmental standards at our multiple recycling sites. And ensuring the continued compliance to our many accreditations and certifications.
We are looking for a candidate to promote and engage with contractors and employees at all levels to comply with the requirements of legislation and strive to continuously improve the culture.
To Build on our current Management systems to ensure a robust audit process and Develop and implement plans to support that will support the business strategy and improve standards in health, safety, Environment ensuring key health safety and environmental objectives are delivered on time
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
This position Interfaces with many levels of the business and external regulators such as the MD, Senior Leadership Team, Department Managers, employees, Environment Agency, HSE, Insurance brokers.
The Candidate will need to coordinate their team in the completion of the day to day running of the Compliance of the sites; investigation of incidents, accidents and near misses, audit and conduct Risk Assessments, Creation and distribution of KPIs.
A Few Things About You
- Qualified to NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent with 5+ years site HS&E Management experience
- Member of IOSH.
- Must be proactive solutions driven and be able to clearly demonstrate a track record of achievement in rapidly changing environment.
- have experience of ISO 18001.Any quality management / ISO 9001, or environmental management / ISO 14001
- Honest and approachable.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Able to work with the Management Team to embed a safety and compliance focussed culture within a complex workplace
- Good knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.