Returns Team Leader
£26,227 per Year Permanent
About The Role
Working in a fast paced department you will report directly to the Supervisors, you will play a key role in the returns process and accountable for the supporting the supervision of the day to day running of the reverse logistics department.
Working Days 4 on 4 off, 06:00 - 18:00
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
You will support the supervision of the returns area, managing daily duties allocations for operatives. Ensuring all vehicles are unloaded and we have accurate receipt of all returned items, all returned new stock is repacked correctly and returned to the relevant suppliers. All paperwork is in order and stock traceable.
You will be working in a busy warehouse environment and you will have the drive and ability to work on your own ability and be smart enough to us your own initiative. You will also be an excellent team player bringing a fun element and caring attitude to your day to day role.
You will do this by;
Ensuring all returned items are correctly logged in a timely manner
Allocating tasks to staff ensuring all returned items are located to the right area
- Resolve all issues with items that won’t scan
- Ensure all daily manifest are in place for goods in and out for the suppliers
- You will audit the daily processes to ensure compliance
- Completion of all KPI tasks, reporting any issues to the Reverse Logistics Manager
- Achieving availability requirements of recycled stock
- All good stock is packaged correctly and retuned to suppliers
- Audit the team to ensure the correct manual handling techniques are adhered to in line with H&S training and the manufacturers guidelines
- Reporting any accidents, product issues or damages
- Organising holidays and training, also carrying out performance reviews
- Discussing and resolving any team problems
- Encouraging and motivating good team work
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time
- Promote H&S Culture by ensuring that employees work in a way that reduces risk. A good understanding of H&S legislation is preferable.
WHAT WILL I BE EXPECTED TO DELIVER?
- Support to the supervisors and department
- Efficient performance of the reverse logistics team
- Agreed KPI’s relating to returns, repackaging, waste, staffing and budgets
- Customer satisfaction by ensuring that all returns / parts are picked up
A Few Things About You
You will be driven to influence individuals and the wider team delivering fun and the ability to build relationships. You will be smart in prioritising and delegating work for your immediate
team. You will be bold in solving any issues using own initiative and smart in looking for improvements in new ways of working. You will be focused, enthusiastic with a "can do" attitude, solutions driven and enjoy a challenge. EXPERIENCE
- Delegation of tasks, negotiating workloads, assessing performance and reporting on developments
- You must be able to work as a team in order to ensure deadlines are achieved and have excellent attention to detail
- You must be hardworking, demonstrating commitment to a good work ethic
- You will be flexible with the driver to lead and give orders and also take orders
- Experience of working in a warehouse or logistics environment is desirable but not essential
- Good people skills and an excellent team player with a proven track record to be able to work well with people at all levels
- Reliable and self-motivated
- Good communication skills
- PC literature
A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 24 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.