About The Role
This is a key role within our Creative Studio, with responsibility for our Motion Graphics team and it’s output. We’re looking for someone to inspire and lead the team to raise the bar creatively across all of our Motion output. Whilst this role comes with team leadership responsibility its also very much hands on and you’ll be getting stuck in to help deliver key projects. You’ll need to be an inspirational leader as well as a real craftsperson, passionate about delivering great work.
Our Creative Studio is responsible for creating and delivering marketing and product content for our on and offsite channels, distilling our "Most trusted" message to existing and potential customers in engaging and easy to understand ways. Our studio team is a multi-disciplined bunch of designers, copywriters, art directors, motion designers, 3d artists and producers.
We know we work better when we’re together, so all our AOers come into the office Monday to Friday. We collaborate more easily, have continual conversations, we’re more creative, give better support, and all this makes us more motivated and even better at what we do.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Responsibility for our Motion design team and it’s creative output
- Inspire and motivate the team to ensure our work is creatively best in class
• Using your creativity and experience to help steer projects and create an environment for the team to thrive
• Collaborate closely with our Creative Leads and other studio leads to ensure a holistic and consistent approach across all outputs
• Pitch ideas as well as preparing and leading creative presentations
• Creative development of ideas and concepts into highly crafted final content
• Build relationships with wider stakeholders in Marketing and elsewhere in the business
• Steer and contribute to scripts & ideas
• Deliver feedback to the team in a constructive and motivating manner, helping to move the work on to solve creative challenges
• Identify skill gaps and developmental needs of the team, and rectify these through mentoring, training and intelligent recruitment where needed
• Develop a detailed knowledge of the individual team members skill sets, helping us to cast each project optimally
• Helping to define a projects creative approach, resource needs, talent mix and timescales
• Collaborate in the overall planning of a project. Be proficient and proactive in organizing and planning
A Few Things About You
- You’re a Senior Motion Designer, ideally with team management experience and a track record of nurturing creative talent
- You’re adept at mentoring and generally getting the best the out of a team
- You have a standout portfolio and can clearly demonstrate how you’re able solve creative problems with motion design
- Ideally you’ll have experience of developing both marketing and product led content.
- Have a wide skill set in motion design and animated content
- Demonstrate strong layout, illustration, graphic design, and typography skills
- Meticulous in the detail and a real craftsperson at heart
- An After Effects genius, with extensive experience of the other Adobe Cloud applications as well as Cinema 4d and Octane ideally
- Technically proficient and able to help define our technical strategy
- Editing and / or grading experience would be beneficial
- Success with effectively and quickly building relationships and establishing trust among team members and peers.
- You are comfortable working under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Confident with asserting opinions but open to feedback and differing perspectives, with great communication skills
- Restless by nature, always looking to improve
- You want to make the best work of your career and have some fun doing it
- An understanding of 3d processes and workflows would be beneficial
A Bit About Us
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re known for helping our customers brilliantly - and it’s no different for AOers. We care about more than what’s on your CV, because together we can do extraordinary things.
As an AOer, you’ll have access to tonnes of benefits, put together to cover the moments that matter to you. Further details are available on our benefits page;
- Our Value Creation Plan; We've created a unique long term bonus plan for every AOer to share in our success, giving you the opportunity of an exceptional reward in return for exceptional business performance.
- Holidays; 25 days, plus bank holidays (increasing to 27 days after 2 years with us!)
- Pension; Contribute 5% of your annual salary and we'll do the same, giving you a little extra support for the future
- Be VIP at the AO Arena; we have loads of opportunities to win free tickets and pre-sale access!
- Health & wellbeing; discounted gym membership, an onsite spa and our Help @ Hand scheme giving you access to virtual GP’s, Mental Health support and much more
- Discounts; exclusive discounts across our product range
- Family leave; Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption leave
- Making a difference; 2 fully paid days a year to donate your time to any charity of your choice