About The Role
We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to complete planned preventative maintenance and reactive tasks within the facilities team. The postholder will operate across 5 sites and act as first response to maintenance issues; no two days are the same and you will need to be flexible in your approach to tasks and problem solving of building faults. Prioritising your day will be a pre-requisite alongside working with staff and various teams to resolve maintenance issues and affect repairs.
We are looking for a committed and skilled individual with a good understanding of building maintenance. You will work within the facilities team and supporting the warehouses teams.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
You will be a point of contact for any facilities issues and queries, continually making sure that scheduled and reactive maintenance is carried out effectively and efficiently to support the continued operation of the business whilst meeting H&S requirements and all building related legislation. You will liaise with internal parties with the occasional contact with our external contractors, building strong relationships and working proactively to address potential obstacles.
WHAT WILL I BE EXPECTED TO DELIVER?
* Ensure continuity of services/amenities managed by the facilities team
* Carry out statutory inspections and complete relevant paperwork
* Ensure continuous improvement to all company facilities
* Ensure decoration of all sites are completed in line with required standards and programs for upkeep are adhered to
* Ensure repair deadlines are met
* Follow on call rotas if required
* Work to ensure the upkeep of building equipment in maintenance to ensure longevity of the kit
* Handle general repairs/maintenance queries
A Few Things About You
- Demonstrate practical aptitude for semi-skilled maintenance and repair
- Have sound knowledge of products and materials currently in use
- Able to work with minimal supervision and on own initiative, either in a team or alone
- Demonstrate a commitment to high service delivery
- Experience in completion of work in accordance with approved codes of practice and legislative practice
- Experience working in Warehouses
- Smart phone/tablet literate
- Have a full UK driving licence
- Able to demonstrate literacy and numeracy skills to a standard appropriate to post
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.