About The Role
Our fully automated fridge recycling plant is the most efficient and advanced in the UK and sets a new standard in recovering metals, plastics, and gases. It processes 100 fridges per hour, 700,000 per year. Our second site is a fully automated plastic recycling facility where we combine sink-float technology and electrostatic separation to turn mixed fridge plastics into high-quality recycled products.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Supervisor to join our site Engineering team on our Fridge plant in Telford. The Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for the safe and effective delivery of all maintenance and engineering work. They will plan, prioritise, and allocate work to the engineers on shift ensuring that all available resources are used to full potential and that all priority work is completed on time and to a high standard.
The Maintenance Supervisor will act as the technical lead during out of hours. They will provide expertise to the site team, lead all breakdown events and ensure that all rectification work is completed safety, effectively & efficiently.
The successful candidate will receive extensive training and be fully supported as they join our team. If you are not an expert in our technology, we will make you one!
If you think this role sounds interesting, please consider the following…
· Are you a fully qualified engineer with either an Electrical or Mechanical bias?
· Do you have previous experience in a supervisory role?
· Do you strive to learn about new technologies?
· Are you someone who possesses excellent communication and people management skills, able to build effective working relationships?
If the answer to the questions above is YES, then we want to hear from you!
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Responsible for the planning, prioritising, and delivery of all the maintenance and engineering in accordance with the Lean Reliability Centred Maintenance (LRCM) strategy.
- To lead and manage the engineers on shift, prioritising and allocating work and ensuring that all available resource is used to full potential.
- The Maintenance Supervisor will plan work from the Lean RCM system, ensuring that all parts, materials, and consumables are available as and when required.
- To ensure that all plant and equipment on site is modified and improved, to maximise equipment availability and performance whilst still achieving output levels required to meet production demands.
- To ensure that all modifications or changes to equipment are in line with PUWER machinery safety regulations.
- Ensures that all work is completed safely, monitoring activity, ensuring lockout, tag out, risk assessments, and safe operating procedures are all being followed.
- Acts as the technical lead during out of hours, supporting the Engineers with technical queries, leading on breakdowns, and overcoming issues or problems as they arise.
- To supervise contract work on-site ensuring that they work within the boundaries of the site permit system, to the agreed timelines, and to the correct standard.
- To ensure stores systems are maintained to the highest standards and that critical parts are available.
- Have an active involvement in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) of equipment and the subsequent improvement activity.
- To provide engineering expertise to the management and production teams as well as provide information and recommendations to assist and influence decision-making.
A Few Things About You
A little about you:
· Experienced and qualified engineer with either mechanical or electrical bias.
· Previous experience working within a process, production, or manufacturing environment.
· Working in or worked in a supervisory role in the past.
· Excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
· Confident and able to make decisions in the absence of other leaders.
· Highly organised and able to plan and prioritise workloads including contractors.
· Able to lead and motivate others.
· Analytical approach to problem-solving
· Awareness of Environmental, Health & Safety regulations and impacts and understanding of safe systems of work. I.e.Plant isolations and safety systems
· Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft office systems.
· Good understanding of a proactive maintenance strategy and condition monitoring.
· Knowledge of CMMS systems, purpose, and functionality.
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.