About The Role
Are you a qualified engineer looking for a team leader role? An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Supervisor to join our site Engineering team on our Fridge plant in Telford. The Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for the safe and effective delivery of all maintenance and engineering work. They will plan, prioritise, and allocate work to the engineers on shift ensuring that all available resources are used to full potential and that all priority work is completed on time and to a high standard.
At AO Recycling, we are committed to extracting as much value as possible from the waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) that is thrown away by UK households every year. We are growing rapidly and so with that, opportunities to develop and try new approaches become aplenty. If you are energetic, hands-on, innovative, and professional, this is the environment for you.
Our fully automated fridge recycling plant is the most efficient and advanced in the UK and sets a new standard in recovering metals, plastics, and gases. It processes 100 fridges per hour, 700,000 per year. Our second site is a fully automated plastic recycling facility where we combine sink-float technology and electrostatic separation to turn mixed fridge plastics into high-quality recycled products.
You will receive extensive training and be fully supported. If you are not an expert in our technology, we will make you one!
If you think this role sounds interesting, please consider the following…
- Are you a fully qualified engineer with either an Electrical or Mechanical bias?
- Do you have previous experience in a supervisory role?
- Do you strive to learn about new technologies?
- Are you someone who possesses excellent communication and people management skills, able to build effective working relationships?
If the answer to the questions above is YES, then we want to hear from you!
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Work 4on4off rotational days and night
- Responsible for the planning, prioritising, and delivery of all the maintenance and engineering in accordance with the Lean Reliability Centred Maintenance (LRCM) strategy
- Lead and manage the engineers on shift, prioritising and allocating work and ensuring that all available resource is used to full potential
- Plan work from the Lean RCM system, ensuring that all parts, materials, and consumables are available as and when required.
- Ensure that all plant and equipment on site is modified and improved, to maximise equipment availability and performance whilst still achieving output levels required to meet production demands.
- Ensure that all modifications or changes to equipment are in line with PUWER machinery safety regulations.
- Ensure that all work is completed safely, monitoring activity, ensuring lockout, tag out, risk assessments, and safe operating procedures are all being followed.
- Act as the technical lead during out of hours, supporting the Engineers with technical queries, leading on breakdowns, and overcoming issues or problems as they arise.
- Supervise contract work on-site ensuring that they work within the boundaries of the site permit system, to the agreed timelines, and to the correct standard.
- Ensure stores systems are maintained to the highest standards and that critical parts are available.
- Have an active involvement in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) of equipment and the subsequent improvement activity.
- Provide engineering expertise to the management and production teams as well as provide information and recommendations to assist and influence decision-making
- Provide regular updates to the Assistant Engineering Manager on planned maintenance compliance, work order management and general department performance.
- Attend daily operational review meetings, providing updates on Planned Maintenance compliance, live defects, and ongoing improvement plans.
- Responsible for ensuring that employee performance reviews are conducted based upon their specific job description to determine competency, knowledge, and the contributions of each Engineer.
A Few Things About You
- Experienced and qualified engineer with either mechanical or electrical bias.
- Previous experience working within a process, production, or manufacturing environment.
- Working in or worked in a supervisory role in the past.
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
- Confident and able to make decisions in the absence of other leaders.
- Highly organised and able to plan and prioritise workloads including contractors.
- Able to lead and motivate others.
- Analytical approach to problem-solving
- Awareness of Environmental, Health & Safety regulations and impacts and understanding of safe systems of work. I.e.Plant isolations and safety systems
- Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft office systems.
- Good understanding of a proactive maintenance strategy and condition monitoring.
- Knowledge of CMMS systems, purpose, and functionality.
A Bit About Us
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re known for helping our customers brilliantly - and it’s no different for AOers. We care about more than what’s on your CV, because together we can do extraordinary things.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
- Our Value Creation Plan; We've created a unique long term bonus plan for every AOer to share in our success, giving you the opportunity of an exceptional reward in return for exceptional business performance
- 21 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
- Free lunch once a month
- Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership
- Be VIP at the AO Arena; we have loads of opportunities to win free tickets and pre-sale access!
- Family leave; Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption leave.