About The Role
We’re looking for a Maintenance Supervisor to join our on-site engineering team at our fully automated fridge recycling plant in Telford. Our plant is the most efficient and advanced in the UK, and sets a new standard in recovering metals, plastics, and gases. We process 100 fridges per hour - that’s over 700,000 per year!
In this role, you’ll make sure we deliver safe and effective maintenance and engineering work at the plant. You’ll plan, prioritise, and allocate work to the engineers on shift - making sure that all available resources are used to full potential and that all priority work is completed on time and to a high standard. We’ll look to you as our technical lead during out of hours and to provide expertise to the rest of the team.
If you’ve got the engineering experience we need plus the ability to lead and motivate others, we can offer you the training, tools and opportunity to grow your career with a responsible and sustainable business.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
No two days will be exactly the same here at AO Recycling, but here’s some of what you’ll do:
- plan, prioritise, and deliver the maintenance and engineering work
- make sure all plant and equipment on site is up to scratch and in line with the relevant safety regulations and strategies
- manage the engineers on shift, making sure all our resources are used to their full potential
- keep a close eye on activity so that all work is completed safely, and making sure lockout, tag out, risk assessments, and safe operating procedures are all being followed
- act as our technical lead during out of hours, supporting the engineers with technical queries, leading on breakdowns, and overcoming any issues or problems
- supervise any contractors working on site to make sure they are also working to the agreed timelines and standards
- have an active involvement in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) of equipment and any improvement activity
- provide your engineering expertise to the management and production teams to influence decision-making
A Few Things About You
You don’t need to be a maintenance supervisor already, but we’d like you to have the following skills and experience:
- previous experience as a qualified engineer from either a mechanical or electrical background
- experience working within a process, production, or manufacturing environment
- the ability to lead, manage and motivate a team
- excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- a highly organised approach with the ability to plan and prioritise workloads, including contractors
- knowledge of Environmental, Health & Safety regulations, and an understanding of safe systems of work e.g. plant isolations and safety systems
- a good understanding of a proactive maintenance strategy and condition monitoring
- knowledge of CMMS systems, purpose, and functionality.
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.