About The Role
AO - The Ultimate Destination for Your Career!
Our HR Advisors go above and beyond to deliver an outstanding customer experience that is truly defined by our values. Not only do they offer robust and thought-provoking advice to our managers, but they also serve as the driving force behind ensuring our managers receive impartial and up to date guidance and support. With their expertise, rest assured that every decision we make is fair.
The team are on a mission to improve practices, make processes more efficient and ensure managers are making fair and ethical decisions. We are a small team with a variety of different skill sets but roll our sleeves up to get things done working together to achieve greatness.
At AO, we believe that our employees are our greatest asset, that’s why we offer a range of benefits and opportunities to help you achieve your career!
Some of our top perks:
- Health cover that enables you to receive medical attention and improve your well-being. Access a GP or counsellor whenever you need, and easily reimburse expenses for treatments like physiotherapy, checkups, and dental work with just a click.
- Enjoy exclusive staff discounts and unlock savings on a wide range of discount perks.
- Embrace the chance to reap exceptional rewards with our specially crafted long-term bonus plan, exclusively designed for you, our valued AOer.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Hours: 37.5
- Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday
- Start/Finish time: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm or 12:00 - 8.00 pm
- Manage and respond to queries in our ER ticket system.
- Complete admin tasks such as issuing meeting invite letters and note-taking.
- Providing support with drafting outcome letters from cases such as disciplinaries, grievances and appeals
- Be a first point of contact to guide stakeholders through the correct procedures, following company best practices.
- Provide guidance that is not only prompt but legally compliant.
- Manage your caseload and ER matters within remit from inception to completion.
- Prepare and coach managers on cases such as disciplinary, grievance, poor performance, probation, conducting investigations, preparing documentation, and running a variety of formal meetings.
- Staff the Manager advice line, alongside your team taking calls from managers across the group.
- Escalate complex/serious issues to the Senior HR Advisor and HR manager when required.
- Proactively manage the co-ordination and administration of caseload including any related correspondence.
- Work with other members of the HR team to ensure cross-collaboration and peer review of advice when needed.
- Support, review and maintain our HR documentation, including manager guides, letter templates and policies where required
A Few Things About You
- Have an in-depth understanding and application of UK Employment Legislation
- Be organised and can meet tight deadlines and manage busy workload
- Strong communication skills, be able to influence at all levels of the business
- Ability to deliver pragmatic solutions, with a methodical approach to problem solving.
- Use your own initiative to enhance working practices
- Ability to be a great team member who supports their colleagues
- Be self-motivated, proactive, and flexible.
We know we work better when we are together, so all our AO’ers come into the office Monday-Friday. We collaborate more easily, have continual conversations, we’re more creative, give better support and all of this makes us more motivated and even better at what we do. You'll be joining a small collaborative team who support each other to deliver a brilliant service to managers and AOers. If you want to be part of this, get in touch now to find out more.
A Bit About Us
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re known for helping our customers brilliantly - and it’s no different for AOers. We care about more than what’s on your CV, because together we can do extraordinary things.
- 33 days holiday
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme
- Attendance Bonus
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Packages
- Make a difference day (x2 fully paid charity days a year)
- Gain exclusive ticket access to AO Arena, Sales Sharks, and Manchester Thunder.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.