A Bit About Us
We’re a team of individuals who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there.
Using cutting edge techniques, we’re committed to extracting as much value as possible from the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment that’s thrown away by UK households every year and
When AO sells a new appliance, it’s often our job to take the old one away. We give our AO customers total peace of mind by ensuring their unwanted machines are safely and responsibly recycled - or refurbished for resale as a second-hand product.
We’re experts in recycling, and we work with government, local authorities, businesses and consumers to make sure the UK improves the way it recycles its unwanted electrical items.
More About the Role
An exciting opportunity for a HR Advisor who will be an integral member of the site as well as the HR team and participate in and contribute to the HR Strategy.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
As HR Advisor you will be responsible for the delivery of a full range of HR services to the organisation, advising managers and staff on all aspects of HR, covering Employee Relations, Resourcing and Employee Development. You will be expected to occasionally travel across the UK sites to support the HR Team.
- Co-ordinating and participating in all levels of disciplinary, grievance, capability and appeal hearings.
- Provide coaching and support to managers involved in the process.
- Supporting the company approach to all Learning & Development activities, including involvement in the design and rollout of employee training.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of the company HR strategy.
- Involvement in all other generalist HR activities in the company
A Few Things About You
To apply for this exciting role you should be a graduate calibre candidate with previous experience as an HR Advisor, ideally within an ever-changing, customer focused environment. You will possess excellent communication skills, with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. You must be comfortable prioritising a varied a heavy workload and able to work on your own initiative.
- HR experience is essential
- CIPD Level 5 or working towards
- Good Employment Law knowledge
- Enthusiasm, drive and a can-do attitude
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Customer focused - managing expectations
- Able to work on own initiative and to strict deadlines
- Team orientated, comfortable working remotely from other team members
- Ability prioritise and juggle workload to meet business needs
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to remain focused and methodical whilst working to tight deadlines
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
If you require any further information about this role please email - email@example.com
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.
Plus other benefits particular to our fantastic Telford site include:
- Telford Golf and Spa resort: Corporate room rate of £85 Bed and Breakfast for overnight stay at the Hotel.
- Telford Golf and Spa resort: Corporate discounted package of between £43 to £25* per month. This offers employees full 7 day access to their fantastic health club
- Aspirations Gym Membership: Great deals with gyms in your local area. Corporate rate of £23.50 per month
- Employee of the Month: £50 shopping vouchers for the employee who has gone above and beyond in representing our values.