About The Role
Our FLT/BULK Drivers play a vital part in the operation and the customer journey by rolling up our sleeves up to get things done. You will report to our Team Leaders, Supervisors and Site Managers whilst also working closely with our Warehouse Operatives, Scanners and our on-site Trainer. We offer excellent internal development opportunities, and we provide full training on site.
Salary: £23,713.69 per annum
* Hours: Monday - Thursday 19:30-06:00
* Job Type: Full time and permanent contract
* Location: Stoke
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Dealing with stock rotation
* Unloading vehicles with FLT/BULK truck
* You will be trained on FLT Clamps and potentially FLT Forks
* Manual handling of all large appliances
* Complete battery checks
* Report any accidents, product issues or damages
* Adhere to all Health and Safety procedures
* Use of warehouse equipment such as Voice Picking, Pump Trucks, LLOP's, Sack Trucks, PPT etc
* Potentially progress to be trained on Bulk trucks
* General Warehouse responsibilities as required
* Strong teamwork
A Few Things About You
While working night shifts it is important that we all work together to stay motivated throughout the shift, therefore you must be able to work independently and work well within a team.
- You must have a valid FLT Counterbalance License (Essential)
- At least 1+ years’ experience driving FLT Counterbalance (Desirable)
A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
· 24 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
· At least 5% contribution pension scheme
· Healthcare Cashback Scheme
· Attendance Bonus
· Exclusive Staff Discount
· Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Packages
· Expression of wish service
· Make a difference days (x2 fully paid charity days a year)
· Share-save Scheme
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.