About The Role
Our Depot Supervisor will ensure that our warehouse operation always runs smoothly and that each one of our customers receives their appliance on time, every time. You’ll liaise closely with our Drivers and be responsible for the effective management of the loading, de-briefing and delivery of our appliances to our customers.
You will ensure that all our vehicles are road worthy, legal and compliant within transport legislation and provide on-going support to our Drivers, Quality and People teams.
- Salary: £23,690 - £26,780
- Hours: 5 on 3 off 5 on 2 off 1pm- 10pm (40 hours)
- Job Type: Full time and permanent contract
- Location: Northfleet Industrial Estate Road, Northfleet, Gravesend, DA11 9SR
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Check that all vehicles leaving the depot are secure and meet required transport legislation requirements
- Monitor delivery performance throughout the day
- Support training for new starters to include Safe Systems of Work and Health and Safety
- Briefing team daily/weekly on key priorities and workload
- Supervising the team and allocating tasks and priorities
- Complete alcohol testing when required
- Complete minor repairs to vehicles and arrange servicing as required
- Communicate with our Drivers, handling any queries efficiently and in a professional manner
- Take responsibility for managing the transhipping and reloads
- Complete in-house reports on a daily basis
A Few Things About You
- Understand transport legislation and logistics operation
- Able to build good relationships with people even when under pressure
- Challenge any vehicle issues or damages with our Drivers
- Able to make decisions in the absence of the Depot Manager to drive performance and service
- React quickly to information and be able to solve problems independently
- Good communication skills both verbally and written
- Competent use of Microsoft, particularly Excel
A Bit About Us
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re known for helping our customers brilliantly - and it’s no different for AOers. We care about more than what’s on your CV, because together we can do extraordinary things.
- 31 days holiday
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme
- Healthcare Cashback Scheme
- Attendance Bonus
- Exclusive Staff Discount
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Packages
- Expression of wish service
- Make a difference days (x2 fully paid charity days a year)
- Share-save Scheme
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.