About The Role
Our Day Shift Supervisor will ensure that our warehouse operation always runs smoothly and that each one of our customers receives their appliance on time, every time. You’ll liaise closely with our Drivers and be responsible for the effective management of the loading, de-briefing and delivery of our appliances to our customers.
You will ensure that all our vehicles are road worthy, legal and compliant within transport legislation and provide on-going support to our Drivers, Quality and People teams.
- Salary: £23,690-£26,780 per annum
- Hours: 4 on 4 off, 8:00am-20:00pm (40.25 hours)
- Job Type: Full time and permanent contract
- Location: Unit 200 Focal Point, Fleming Way, Crawley, RH10 9DF
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Check that all vehicles leaving the depot are secure and meet required transport legislation requirements
- Monitor delivery performance throughout the day
- Support training for new starters to include Safe Systems of Work and Health and Safety
- Briefing team daily/weekly on key priorities and workload
- Supervising the team and allocating tasks and priorities
- Complete alcohol testing when required
- Complete minor repairs to vehicles and arrange servicing as required
- Communicate with our Drivers, handling any queries efficiently and in a professional manner
- Take responsibility for managing the transhipping and reloads
- Complete in-house reports on a daily basis
A Few Things About You
- Understand transport legislation and logistics operation
- Able to build good relationships with people even when under pressure
- Challenge any vehicle issues or damages with our Drivers
- Able to make decisions in the absence of the Depot Manager to drive performance and service
- React quickly to information and be able to solve problems independently
- Good communication skills both verbally and written
- Competent use of Microsoft, particularly Excel
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
- 24 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme
- Healthcare Cashback Scheme
- Attendance Bonus
- Exclusive Staff Discount
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Packages
- Expression of wish service
- Make a difference days (x2 fully paid charity days a year)
- Share-save Scheme
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.