About The Role
As our Days Compliance and PI Operative, you will strive to ensure high quality standards and provide vital support to the Inventory and Warehouse teams, making sure stock levels are accurate at all times. The role will require you to liase daily with inventory Stock Controllers, the quality and operational teams.
You will also work closely with the departments managers in these areas to ensure that we help to eliminate non-picks and always strive to keep the customer happy. It is part of your responsibility to ensure that any issues with stock management are dealt with quickly and efficiently.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
The role will require a smart, inquisitive candidate with a desire and drive to achieve the accuracy required of a fast-growing business. They must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management and report issues promptly. The hours are 6am-6pm on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern.
- Carry out full and partial stock-checks of our bulk items kept in storage and complete audit inspections, creating reports in a timely manner
- Ensuring that stock levels are accurate at all times
- Reporting back on counted and completed orders
- Assisting the warehouse, quality and inventory teams with stock-related queries
- Check on the processed, cancelled and completed orders in the racking
- Identify where processes are failing and suggest improvements
A Few Things About You
- Sharp attention to detail
- Driven mindset
- Excellent numerical skills
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Confident in decision making
- Exceedingly good communication skills
- Able to problem solve
- PC literate (Microsoft packages, especially Excel)
- An understanding of stock management
- And understanding of a logistics environment
A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2001 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers are now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it. We’ve got everything you could need in one place, so it’s really no wonder we were named Retail Week Employer of the Year 2015.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
- 24 days holiday (Excluding bank holidays)
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme
- Healthcare Cashback Scheme
- Attendance Bonus
- Exclusive Staff Discount
- Variety of External Discounts
- Enhances Maternity. Paternity and Adoption Packages
- Expression of wish service
- Share-save scheme
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our Benefits page.