A Bit About Us
We’re a team of individuals who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
Our Claims Handlers works closely with our Logistics Contact centre manager to help us to process any new and existing claims quickly and accurately. Great communication and people skills are needed as you will also have regular contact with our customers.
You will be responsible for ensuring all "fault" and disputed claims are handled sensitively and with professional care at all times. Good negotiating skills are required plus the ability to be able to take ownership of some claims, working to your own initiative while also supporting others around you.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
Our Claims Handlers are responsible for dealing with all "fault" and disputed claims are handled sensitively and with professional care all times. You will investigate and update claims so that the process runs as smoothly and professionally as possible for our customers. You support the rest of the claims team with correspondence to outside parties and chasing up any paperwork which is needed to keep us legally compliant. You will do this by;
* Ensuring all ‘fault’ claims are handled on time and effectively
* Working with insurance manager to gather information on all ‘disputed’ claims from instigation to conclusion
* Communicating with insurers on Payment Packs and correspondence for fault incidents in a timely manner, including advice when payment has been made.
* Working with third parties to ensure that we have all relevant insurance details and communicate next steps.
* Ensuring file is updated with any relevant information and / or correspondence
A Few Things About You
We are looking for someone who understands the vital role they play in supporting our insurance team with processing claims. You will be driven to deliver objectives professionally and with a smile so that you develop strong collaborative relationships within the business and with external third parties. You need to be smart and organised enough to multi-task a very varied and reactive workload and be bold enough to prioritize workloads from a number of different sources so that deadlines are not missed.
* Previous experience of dealing with customers is essential
* Experience of liaising with customers with tact and diplomacy
* Experience of managing multiple deadlines
* Great negotiation and diplomacy skills
* Excellent customer service skills
* Keen eye for detail - particularly with looking at costs
* Time management skills as claims are extremely time sensitive
* Very process oriented
* PC skills including Word, Excel and Outlook
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.