A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
Working within our UK Supplier Finance team, this is a busy role, ensuring all reclaims are made from suppliers and providing support to wider teams. The UK Supplier Finance team are a close- knit bunch, with a work hard, play hard attitude to and they do a pretty good job of making sure they live by our ‘Fun’ value! This is a varied and often demanding role so we need someone who is up for the challenge!
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
* Supporting the wider department with ad hoc tasks when needed
* Work closely and effectively with the purchase ledger team
* Maintain a good relationship with suppliers
* Adhere to month end procedures and department KPIs
* Chase all aged credit notes on a timely basis
* Maintain, track and reconcile terms
* Raise Claims to stock suppliers for Rebates & SOA’s
A Few Things About You
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Must demonstrate a positive attitude, with a focus on a ‘can do’ way of thinking
* Adaptable to business requirements daily/weekly/monthly within set deadlines
* Have a passion for success and results
* Ability to work with minimal supervision & use your own initiative when solving problems
* Accurate and eye for detail
* Good team working skills
* Good MS Excel skills
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.
No thanks, Recruiter
Recruiters, fancy chancing your arm?
No thanks, we can spot an AO'er a mile off - don't botherLove from AO xx