A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
More About the Role
Reporting into the People Manager you will work with your set Departmental Managers and the larger People and Development team, particularly recruitment, payroll and engagement. You will be expected to cover the following locations: Slough, Avonmouth, Bridgend, Croydon and Exeter so access to these from home is a must.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
You will be providing a first class P&D service to your set departmental managers which includes 5 different depots across the southern regent by;
* Maintaining and be well versed in your departments’ People KPIs - evaluations, RTWs and caseload
* Working closely with the Department manager to identify succession and development of each individual
* Liaising with the payroll team on leavers to ensure no overpaid leavers are processed
* Implement and sustain an effective people plan strategy for each department
* Taking a proactive role in recruiting for your areas by liaising with the recruitment team on staffing needs, holding interviews and appointing new team members alongside departmental managers
* Liaising with the central engagement team to oversee the engagement calendar and key events including group initiatives and team building exercises
* Working with the Department Managers and Supervisors to instill the company values
* Developing the Manager’s people management capabilities including coaching line managers and supervisors to act on HR issues such as absence and performance management effectively and efficiently
* Managing your case load by scheduling and attending meetings such as welfare, disciplinary and grievance when required and completing outcome letters
* Updating the HR Database and any other HR related systems
WHAT WILL I BE EXPECTED TO DELIVER?
* To adhere to all timescales prescribed in policies and procedural documents
* To meet regularly with departmental managers to discuss people issues, succession planning and training and development needs of the employees, updating your people plan monthly
* To report effectively with payroll on all departmental leavers, conduct exit interviews where applicable
* To monitor the completion of your departments’ people KPI’s for evaluations and return to works, effectively escalating where required
* To communicate the engagement calendar, its events and gather information to drive the engagement calendar forward
* Induct all new managers/supervisors on HR policies and processes, evaluating their progression and updating their line manager
* Providing clear and consistent advice based on commercial, best practice and legislative information
A Few Things About You
You will need to display a positive and proactive attitude for this role, caring in what you do to ensure you make it happen. The role will be fast-paced so the ability to think smart about what you do is a must, as is escalating issues as required and in a timely manner. You’ll need to influence managers by building strong relationship and creating confidence in your decision making ability and effective and efficient service provision.
* A minimum of 1 years’ experience in a HR related role
* Experience in warehousing/logistic industry would be beneficial
* Strong interpersonal skills, confident in your approach
* Self-motivated, pro-active and flexible
* Strong communicator capable of building strong and lasting relationships
* Good time management
* Highly organised, structured approach to work
* Informed decision maker
Up to date on current ER legislationFull UK Driving licence - preferably cleanPC - Excel, Word, PowerPoint to an intermediate levelCIPD Qualified or equivalent experience
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.
No thanks, Recruiter
Recruiters, fancy chancing your arm?
No thanks, we can spot an AO'er a mile off - don't botherLove from AO xx