A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
If you want to work for a successful growth business and have a passion for delivering impactful Business Change this role would be ideal for you. Our Project Managers love the challenge of working to succeed even if the odds are stacked against them.
It's a fast paced environment where change comes often and collaboration is key. If you enjoy managing projects within a fast paced organisation and like variety rather than specialising in one specific area, this this would be a great experience for you.
If you thrive on managing and successfully delivering multiple projects of various lengths simultaneously we would recommend you apply for this role. One thing we really need from you is your experience of working on-projects with in-house development teams across various systems that support an ecommerce and logistics business like ourselves.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
Responsible for managing projects from conception through to post go-live support of varying shapes and sizes. You will be responsible for producing, owning and managing the overall project plan, with an appreciation for the technical solution and operational impact.
You will need to be able to manage change and re-plan as required.
For each project you will be the single point of contact for key business stakeholders in regard to managing their expectations around scope, timescales, risks, dependencies, etc. You will need to facilitate project meetings including; project kick offs, team meetings, stand ups and retrospectives.
You will need strong communication skills to ensure single common ‘message’ from the delivery team and IT, e.g. with stakeholder management, priorities, status reporting, setting deadlines for dependencies, managing and escalation of project risks and issues, etc. This should be both internally and externally.
A Few Things About You
* 2+ years’ experience in an IT Project Management role;
* Knowledge of both Agile & Waterfall methodologies;
* Ability to identify and apply the optimum Project Methodologies and processes required on a project by project basis in order to ensure delivery;
* Ability to manage large-scale complex projects with fixed deadlines;
* Management of several projects running simultaneously;
* Experience of working directly with senior business sponsors, stakeholders and third party suppliers;
* Passionate about technology and its practical application within an operational environment;
* Single point of contact for multiple stakeholders during the project life cycle through to post go live support;
* Scope and change management experience including managing stakeholder expectations and re-planning projects;
* Budget tracking & experience working within a commercial process;
* Desire to confront issues head-on and find ways to constantly improve delivery;
* Willingness to travel as required;
* Happiest working in a fast paced, challenging and rapidly changing environment both independently and within a team environment;
* Passionate about doing a great job, relentless in delivery;
* Innovative, full of new ideas and suggestions
Nice to have?
* Experience of managing or mentoring others;
* Experience of projects relating to some or all of the following: WMS, Automation, Operational Process Change, Distribution.
* Experience of Lean and/or TPS
* Experience of supporting and managing a tender and procurement process with third parties
* Experience of managing projects with stakeholders based globally
* Business analysis experience
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.
No thanks, Recruiter
Recruiters, fancy chancing your arm?
No thanks, we can spot an AO'er a mile off - don't botherLove from AO xx