A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
The Facilities co-ordinator is responsible for supporting the Facilities department to ensure that our UK Estate is kept to a high standard and provides a safe, functional and happy place for our people.
You will be pro-active in ensuring continuous improvement of our Head Office, AO sites, Warehouses, Outbases and Facilities Management department, demonstrating the ability to identify and prioritise site requirements.
Act as a key point of contact for issues and queries and ensure that they are passed to the relevant on-site maintenance or contracted maintenance provider in a timely manner.
Due to the nature of our business, as part of the facilities team you will need to be flexible and available for on call duties as part of a rota.
Predominantly based at our Bolton Head office with an expectancy to travel to Crewe/Manchester a minimum of 1 day per week.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
* Compilation of reports
* Service contract management for all sites
* Job logging & updating
* Assisting the on-site maintenance team
* Contractor liaison, contractor management and customer liaison (warehouse managers, office staff, H&S team, etc.)
* Obtain quotes and place purchase orders, check invoices
* PPM (Planned Preventative Maintenance) overseeing
* Site Inspections
* On-call rota
* Utility contracts management
* Other ad-hoc duties
A Few Things About You
* A minimum of 2 years’ professional experience within a facilities role working in a fast-paced office environment is essential
* Ability to work under pressure
* Decisive yet methodical
* Customer focused
* Open Communicator with excellent relationship building skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills to deal with people and emergency situations
* Ability to use initiative and problem solve
* Self-motivated, methodical and highly organised
* Basic Health & Safety knowledge and understand the requirement for RAMS & Insurance from Contractors
* Travel - driving license.
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.
No thanks, Recruiter
Recruiters, fancy chancing your arm?
No thanks, we can spot an AO'er a mile off - don't botherLove from AO xx