A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a well-known reputable and international brand; working closely with the Data Protection Officer.
We are looking for someone with existing data protection experience, ideally with a legal or compliance background or at the very least general commercial experience with some exposure to data protection matters.
Your communication and relationship building abilities will need to be first class - and you'll be able to use common sense and sound judgement to resolve complex matters.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
* Handling and supporting privacy matters under supervision
* Providing support with the management and reporting of data breach notifications
* Assisting with the review and preparation of responses to data subject rights requests
* Facilitating on-going data audits and completing privacy impact assessments and legitimate interest assessments.
* Drafting data protection documents, such as; data transfer agreements, privacy impact assessments, data-sharing agreements and privacy notices.
* Assisting with staff training on privacy matters.
* Maintaining data protection governance and accountability documentation
* Assisting data protection officer in relation to all DPO duties as required including compilation of statistics for reporting purposes
A Few Things About You
* Ideally you'll have a legal or compliance background or at the very least general commercial experience with some exposure to data protection matters.
* Organisational and time management skills
* Keen eye for detail
* Computer literate
* Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
* Positive "can do" attitude
* A calm, patient and approachable demeanour
* Team player
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.
No thanks, Recruiter
Recruiters, fancy chancing your arm?
No thanks, we can spot an AO'er a mile off - don't botherLove from AO xx