A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
We are looking for a driven and proactive Commercial Analyst to join our exciting and ever growing UK Retail Business. You’ll add value to the business through providing commercial analysis & insights on revenue, margin and digital acquisition spend across product categories, ultimately to drive forward the financial performance of our business.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
* Performing routine detailed analysis and insightful reporting on core KPI’s to senior stakeholders in the business - ultimately making sure we are staying on track or raising the alarm if we need to take action to get us back to where we need to be. Covering, but not limited to the below KPIs
* Revenue performance by category/brand vs. Forecast & year on yea
* Forecasting and retrospectively analysing promotional activity
* Margin % performance, and impacts from pricing or promotional activity
* Traffic and conversion performance by channel
* Completing ad hoc requests for information and analysis to help support the business make informed data driven decisions to seize opportunities and drive results
* Being the policeman of your area by relentlessly monitoring performance and more importantly understanding the why for variations so that you are able to provide sound commercial recommendations supported by sound analytical evidence.
* Communicating analysis with our Trading, Finance and Marketing departments your recommendations, and seeing any actions through.
* Staying up-to-date with both internal business developments and external market / industry changes to provide context to all analysis and commercial recommendations
A Few Things About You
* Minimum 2.1, preferably in Maths, Statistics, Economics, Accounting or Business-related discipline
* Experience of working within a commercial or analytical function
* Confidence to challenge the status quo and offer recommendations
* Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
* Solid business and commercial awareness
* Highly numerate/analytical mind-set
* Logical and tenacious approach, demonstrating a can-do attitude
* Ambitious and self-motivated
* Excellent organisation & attention to detail
* Strong communication skills both written and verbal
What additional skills are desirable?
* Experience of working with relational databases and SQL
* Knowledge of PowerBI or similar data visualisation dashboard build
* Python or similar programming language experience
* Experience of regression analysis within commercial work.
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.
No thanks, Recruiter
Recruiters, fancy chancing your arm?
No thanks, we can spot an AO'er a mile off - don't botherLove from AO xx