A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
More About the Role
We are looking for a Weighbridge Operator / Transport Administrator to ensure a smooth operation of the traffic coming in and out of the plant.
This is a very exciting job opportunity for someone to join a vibrant team and not afraid of multi-tasking.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
· Key purpose of the Transport Administrator role is to provide administrative support to the transport function.
· In charge of monitoring the Weighbridge.
· Responsible for inputting data and vehicle information.
· Keeping track of drivers and vehicle check.
· General administrative and filing duties to meet needs of the Transport Department.
* Ensure all inbound/outbound paperwork is completed promptly and accurately.
· Ad-hoc Reception cover.
· Monitoring and chasing documentation and records in support of the transport operation.
· Produce statistics as and when required.
· Engage all external and internal customers by communicating in a friendly and professional manner ensuring that a good impression is maintained at all times.
· Answering and responding to all incoming calls in a prompt and polite manner.
· Ensure all internal/external customer queries or concerns are dealt with in a professional, friendly and courteous manner.
· Liaising with the management team ensuring the smooth operation of the transport department.
A Few Things About You
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Must be highly organised with an ability to meet deadlines in a timely fashion.
Ability to analyse, interpret and explain data.
Proficient in using IT systems and Microsoft packages.
Based within a commutable distance of Halesfield, Telford.
4-on/4-off continental shift pattern with the worked shifts alternating between day and night. This will be based on working 4 consecutive 12 hour day followed by 4 consecutive days off, then 4 consecutive 12 hour nights (6am-6pm and 6pm-6am). The start day for each set of working days or working nights moves ahead by one day per week.
Must be able to work shifts above.
Previous Weighbridge operation and transport administration experience, preferably in a highly-regulated environment.
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.