About The Role
We are looking for a web analyst who can help to build a data driven culture within ao.com and ao.de, by helping to solve business problems by leveraging data. Working in the Web analytics team you will have the opportunity to work closely with our product teams to improve the AO website experience.
You will be the main analytics contact for your product teams responsible for monitoring, testing and analysis of the AO.com and AO.de websites. We are making continual improvements to our visitors experience through analysis produced and thorough testing of any changes implemented aligned to over busines objectives.
This role will report to our Senior Web Analyst and play a play a key role in making Marketing Analytics a centre of excellence within the business.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
· Create and update regular reporting for KPIs for each squad.
· Own your area by relentlessly monitoring performance daily, and more importantly understanding the why for variations so that you can provide sound commercial recommendations supported by sound analytical evidence.
· Perform analysis on a/b tests, drawing conclusions, recommendations, and financial valuation in line with the timescales agreed.
· Perform ad hoc analysis to deep dive into your area, looking for suggestions and hypothesis to drive future testing.
· Provide insight and analysis to support POs in their QPRs, in which you should participate.
· Perform routine reviews of the accessible data for your area, feeding any new tagging requests into POs and Implementation Specialist.
· Weekly meetings with POs from Basket, Checkout and Payment teams.
A Few Things About You
· Minimum of 2 years Web analytics experience
· Strong communication skill
· Experience using GA 360 and Big Query would be advantageous
· GA or GA360
Nice to have's
- Power BI experience or similar data visualisation tools
- Big Query
- Data Studio
A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.