A Bit About Us
A fantastic opportunity to join an award-winning company. With Favourable shift patterns to allow an excellent work life balance. All our warehouse operatives will work a 4 on 4 off shift pattern. We offer great internal development opportunities and Employee discount along with a growing list of other perks including simply health and a pension plan…..
More About the Role
Our VNA Driver report directly into our Warehouse team leaders, supervisors and managers. You will work within a busy team with other warehouse operatives such as Scanners, Bulk and FLT drivers.
As our VNA drivers it is always your job to show care and attention, allowing us to meet our purpose of having the happiest customers by relentlessly striving for a better way.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
Our VNA Drivers will be expected to:
- Work to deadlines to help products off the vehicles by allocating them to spaces in the racking
- Operating our VNA trucks in a safe way, at heights
- Judging space in the racking to choose the best location for unloaded appliances and scanning them into their location
- Picking products ready for same day and next day deliveries
- Completing truck safety and battery check a and reporting all issues
- Using the correct manual handling techniques in line with H&S guidelines
- Reporting any accidents product issues or damages
- Other general warehouse responsibilities including covering FLT and scanners duties.
A Few Things About You
Our VNA drivers need to have the ability to work together with other Warehouse Operatives, stay motivated and positive even at our busiest time. You will need to be smart enough to work independently and be widely trusted with any task given.
- Experience of operating a counter-balance truck in a busy warehouse
- Experience of working under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good understanding of handling stock is desirable
- Capability of working at heights
- Experience of working in a warehouse or logistics environment
- The ability to work well with people at all levels
- Have a "can do" attitude
- Able to remain calm and focused under pressure
- Reliable and self - motivated
- An FLT counter - balance license is essential
- A VNA license is essential
- Experience of using handheld scanning equipment is desirable but not essential;
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.