About The Role
You will work closely with our management team, operational staff and various other departments within logistics to ensure smooth running of our warehouses.
Our Team Leader will ensure that our day-to-day warehouse operation always runs effectively and that the warehouse achieves its objectives and KPI’s set out by your Management team. You will provide support in your allocated area of the warehouse making sure all runs effectively and with full compliance.
You will be able to work under pressure and be driven to deliver objectives professionally. You must be smart enough to think on your feet and have a passion to drive the service we delivery for our customers and be bold enough to be able to cover duties with the operation.
Our Team Leader will work a 4 on 4 off shift pattern from 18:00pm-6:00am.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
Our Warehouse Team Leader will be expected to:
· Allocate and supervise daily tasks as well as briefings with you allocated team
· Monitor the quality of the work that our operatives carry out and ensure that are products are handled according to out H&S guidelines.
· Be able to investigate and rectify any discrepancies that are reported
· Motivated and support all direct reports
· Monitor all aspects of H&S, promote our H&S culture by ensuring that our operatives work in a way that reduces risk
· Provide administration support relating to stock management
· Help support the management, including completing handovers to the night shift and helping them with any other reports
· Support with HR functions such as disciplinary meetings and performance management
· Plan the shift for your allocated area and monitor workloads to ensure all task are complete
· Be responsible for the site’s cleanliness and maintenance
A Few Things About You
- Confident with a fair and consistent approach to people management
- Able to stay calm and focused under pressure
- Ability to solve problems independently
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of management
- Strong time management
- Organised and Methodical
- PC literate including warehouse software and Microsoft Packages
- Manage daily performance (Damage, Non-picks, not loaded)
- An in-depth understanding of our warehouse operation
- Experience of working to deadlines and motivating others
- Experience of logistics/warehouse environment
- Able to analyse information in a timely manor
- Ability to manage fluctuating workloads
A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 24 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.