About The Role
As our Warehouse Team Leader you will play a vital part in our operation, working closely with our Site Managers, Shift Supervisors, other Team leaders and operational staff on a daily basis. As part of your role you will also liaise regularly with our People team, client support advisors, commercial team and client account managers to make sure that the warehouse runs smoothly. Also getting involved with productivity and damage rates to make sure that KPI's are met in the most efficient way. We have a Day shift available working 4 on 4 off shifts 6:00am-18:00pm to help support the planned growth.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
As our warehouse Team Leader will ensure that our day-to-day warehouse operation runs effectively at all times and that the warehouse achieves the objectives and KPI’s set out by the Shift Managers. You will provide support in your allocated area of the warehouse in making sure that goods are handled with care and vehicles are unloaded on time, making sure that the customer is at the heart of everything we do. You will;
* Allocate and supervise daily tasks
* Monitor the quality of the work that our warehouse operative carry out and make sure that our products are handled correctly in line with company training and H&S guidelines
* Provide a clear communication router so that discrepancies are reported, investigated and rectified efficiently
* Motivate and support all direct reports
* Investigate stock discrepancies and errors in scanning and other issues
* Monitor all aspects of H&S
* Provide administration support relating to stock management
* Help with managing the shift duties in the absence of the Shift Supervisors, including completing a handover to the night shift and helping them with any KPI reports.
* Promote H&S Culture by ensuring that employees work in a way that reduces risk. A good understanding of H&S legislation is preferable.
YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO DELIVER:
* Support with performance on agreed KPI’s
* Effective leadership with a motivated workforce who are fully trained to company and H&S standards
* Management of duties and tasks on shift
A Few Things About You
* An in-depth understanding of warehouse operations
* Experience in leading and motivating a diverse workforce
* Experience of working to tight deadlines
* Understanding of working in an environment with daily fluctuating workloads
* Able to inspire and motivate others
* Confident with a fair and consistent approach to people management
* Able to remain calm and focussed under pressure
* Able to solve problems independently
* Able to communicate effectively at all levels
* Organised and methodical
* PC literate including warehouse software and Microsoft Packages
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 24 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.