About The Role
Our Scanners report directly into our Warehouse Team Leaders, Supervisors and Managers. You will work within a busy team with other warehouse operatives such as Loaders/Voice Pickers, Bulk Drivers, FLT Drivers & VNA Drivers.
As one of our Scanners it is your job to make sure that we meet our purpose of having the happiest customers by relentlessly striving for a better way.
Working a 4on/4off 12 hour shift pattern 6pm - 6am.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
Our Scanners will be expected to:
- Work to Deadlines unloading and loading products on to our vehicles
- Assign the products to lanes and scan them into their locations using scanner guns
- Pick appliances to be loaded, utilising our Voice picking headset
- Check the trailers have enough straps before they are loaded for H&S reasons
- Ensure you follow the correct manual handling techniques in line with our H&S guidelines
- Report any accidents or damages
- Ensuring that our products leave the warehouse on time and in perfect conditions
A Few Things About You
It is important that our Scanners can work alongside other warehouse operatives and can stay motivated and positive even at our busiest time. You will need to be bold enough to report any issues and be passionate about our customers.
- Have excellent attention to details
- Experience of working under pressure and to deadline
- An understanding of handling stock or stock management is desirable
- Can make decisions in a high-pressure situation
- Experience of working in a warehouse/logistics environment is desirable but not essential
- Ability to work well with other people at all levels
- Have a "can do" attitude and can stay focused under pressure
- Reliable and self-motivated
Experience of using handheld scanning equipment/ Voice picking equipment is desirable but no essential.
A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
· 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
· At least 5% contribution pension scheme
· Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.