A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
More About the Role
Does this sound like the challenge you are looking for?
As one of our Warehouse Operative you will play a key role in our customer journey and will make sure that our customers are at the heart of everything we do by being driven enough to ensure that the right appliance go to the right customers, on time and in excellent condition.
This role is to work nights on a permanent contract.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Working to deadlines unloading products from the trailers and loading onto 3.5t and 7.5t delivery vehicles using the correct transhipping process.
- Assigning the products to the correct delivery vehicles using pick sheets
- Checking that trailers going back to Head Office are loaded correctly
- Using the correct manual handling techniques and safe systems of work in line with H&S training
- Reporting any accidents, product issues or damages
- Operating the FLT to process returned items
- Other general warehouse responsibilities
YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO DELIVER:
- Excellent customer service by making sure that our products leave the Outbase on time in perfect condition to deliver our promise.
- Ensure damage limitation by handling appliances in line with training
A Few Things About You
It is important that our Warehouse Operatives work together and stay motivated throughout the night shift. You need to be smart enough to work independently and be trusted with the tasks you are given whilst being bold enough to report any issues and be passionate about customer service. There are plenty of opportunity to progress for any of our operatives who demonstrate the right drive and determination you can develop your skills and progress to other positions within our business.
- You must have excellent attention to detail and have shown this in your previous experience
- Experience of working under pressure or to deadlines
- An understanding of handling large products is desirable
- Experience in warehousing or logistics is desirable but not essential
- Able to complete heavy manual handling within strict H&S guidelines
- Must be an excellent team player and able to work well with people at all levels
- Enthusiastic with a "can do" attitude
- Able to remain calm and focused under pressure
- Reliable and self-motivated
- Must hold a full UK driving licence to be able to shunt the trunks around the yard
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.