About The Role
As our warehouse Operative you will play a key role in the customer journey. It is your job to make sure that the customer is at the heart of everything that we do by ensuring that the right product goes to the right customer, on time and in excellent condition. You will do this by;
- Working to time deadlines on unloading and loading products onto vehicles
- Stock checking and Consolidation
- Checking that trailers have enough straps before they are loaded for H & S reasons
- Using the correct manual handling techniques in line with H&S training and the manufacturers guidelines
- Reporting any accidents, product issues or damages
- Other general warehouse responsibilities (keeping tidy so no accidence happen)
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- You must have excellent attention to detail and have shown this in your previous experience
- Experience of working under pressure or to deadlines
- An understanding of handling stock or stock management is desirable
- Experience of working in a retail, warehouse or logistics environment is desirable but not essential
- Able to complete heavy manual handling within strict H&S guidelines
- Must be an excellent team player and able to work well with people at all levels
- Enthusiastic with a "can do" attitude
- Able to remain calm and focused under pressure
- Reliable and self-motivated
- Experience of using hand held scanning equipment is desirable but not essential
A Few Things About You
It is important that our loaders and pickers can work together with other warehouse operatives, and can stay motivated and positive even at our busiest times. You need to be smart enough to work independently and be trusted with the tasks you are given. You also need to be bold enough to report any issues and be passionate about customer service. There is plenty of opportunity to progress so with the right drive and determination you can develop your skills and progress to other positions within our business.
- Excellent customer service by making sure that our products leave the warehouse on time and in good condition
- Damage reduction by handling products in line with training and reporting any damage
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.