A Bit About Us
We’re a team of individuals who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
As a loader/Picker you will play a key role in the customer journey. It is your job to make sure that the customer is at the heart of everything that we do by ensuring that the right product goes to the right customer, on time and in excellent condition. You will do this by;
- Working to time deadlines on unloading and loading products onto vehicles
- Stock checking and Consolidation
- Checking that trailers have enough straps before they are loaded for H & S reasons
- Using the correct manual handling techniques in line with H&S training and the manufacturers guidelines
- Reporting any accidents, product issues or damages
- Other general warehouse responsibilities (keeping tidy so no accident happen)
- You will be working 6 days a week Monday - Friday 09:00 - 17:00 Sundays 11:00-15:00.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
WHAT WILL I BE EXPECTED TO DELIVER?
- Excellent customer service by making sure that our products leave the warehouse on time and in good condition
- Damage reduction by handling products in line with training and reporting any damage
It is important that our loaders and pickers can work together with other warehouse operatives, and can stay motivated and positive even at our busiest times. You need to be smart enough to work independently and be trusted with the tasks you are given. You also need to be bold enough to report any issues and be passionate about customer service. There is plenty of opportunity to progress so with the right drive and determination you can develop your skills and progress to other positions within our business.
A Few Things About You
- You must have excellent attention to detail and have shown this in your previous experience
- Experience of working under pressure or to deadlines
- An understanding of handling stock or stock management is desirable
- Experience of working in a retail, warehouse or logistics environment is desirable but not essential
- Able to complete heavy manual handling within strict H&S guidelines
- Must be an excellent team player and able to work well with people at all levels
- Enthusiastic with a "can do" attitude
- Able to remain calm and focussed under pressure
- Reliable and self-motivated
- Experience of using hand held scanning equipment is desirable but not essential
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.