A Bit About Us
What we offer:
In return for you living our values we provide
* Excellent internal development opportunities; get in and get on
* Shift patterns which support a great work life balance
* Employee discount and a growing list of other perks
* Pension Plan and a whole lot more….
More About the Role
Our Warehouse Operatives report directly into the warehouse team leaders, supervisors and managers and need to be able to work well in a busy team with other warehouse operatives.
As one of our Warehouse Operatives you will play a key role in the customer journey. It is your job to make sure that the customer is at the heart of everything that we do, you will do this by;
* Working to time deadlines
* Assigning the products to lanes and scanning them into their location using scanner guns and label printers if required
* Checking that trailers have enough straps before they are loaded for H & S reasons
* Using the correct manual handling techniques in line with H&S training and the manufacturers guidelines
* Reporting any accidents, product issues or damages
* Other general warehouse responsibilities
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
Show excellent customer service by making sure that our products leave the warehouse on time and in perfect conditionHelp towards damage reduction by handling products in line with training and reporting any damage
A Few Things About You
It is important that our Warehouse Operatives can work together with one another and can stay motivated and positive even at our busiest times. You need to be smart enough to work independently and be trusted with the tasks you are given. You also need to be bold enough to report any issues and be passionate about customer service. There is plenty of opportunity to progress so with the right drive and determination you can develop your skills and progress to other positions within our business.
* You must have excellent attention to detail and have shown this in your previous experience
* Experience of working under pressure or to deadlines
* An understanding of handling stock or stock management is desirable
* Experience of working in a retail, warehouse or logistics environment is desirable but not essential
- Able to complete heavy manual handling within strict H&S guidelines
* Must be an excellent team player and able to work well with people at all levels
* Enthusiastic with a "can do" attitude
* Able to remain calm and focussed under pressure
* Reliable and self-motivated
Experience of using hand held scanning equipment is desirable but not essentialExperience of FLT (counterbalance) is desirable not mandatory
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.