About The Role
As our warehouse Operative you will play a key role in the customer journey. It is your job to make sure that the customer is at the heart of everything that we do by ensuring that the right product goes to the right customer, on time and in excellent condition. You will do this by;
- Working to time deadlines on unloading and loading products onto vehicles
- Stock checking and Consolidation
- Checking that trailers have enough straps before they are loaded for H & S reasons
- Using the correct manual handling techniques in line with H&S training and the manufacturers guidelines
- Reporting any accidents, product issues or damages
- Other general warehouse responsibilities (keeping tidy so no accident happen)
WHAT WILL I BE EXPECTED TO DELIVER?
- Excellent customer service by making sure that our products leave the warehouse on time and in good condition
- Damage reduction by handling products in line with training and reporting any damage
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
You must have excellent attention to detail and have shown this in your previous experience * Experience of working under pressure or to deadlines
- An understanding of handling stock or stock management is desirable
- Experience of working in a retail, warehouse or logistics environment is desirable but not essential
- Able to complete heavy manual handling within strict H&S guidelines
- Must be an excellent team player and able to work well with people at all levels
- Enthusiastic with a "can do" attitude
- Able to remain calm and focused under pressure
- Reliable and self-motivated
- Experience of using hand held scanning equipment is desirable but not essential
A Few Things About You
It is important that our loaders and pickers can work together with other warehouse operatives, and can stay motivated and positive even at our busiest times. You need to be smart enough to work independently and be trusted with the tasks you are given. You also need to be bold enough to report any issues and be passionate about customer service. There is plenty of opportunity to progress so with the right drive and determination you can develop your skills and progress to other positions within our business.
A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.