About The Role
You will work closely very with our Site Manager and operations Manager on a daily basis to make sure that the site runs smoothly and that each and every one of our customers receives their appliance on time, every time. You will work very closely with the routing team at our Head Office and provide continual support to the Self Employed Drivers throughout their day, dealing with any issues that might arise.
We have different shifts available:
4 on 4 off, 6am-6pm
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
Our Warehouse Admin will ensure that the daily site operation runs effectively at all times. You will provide on-going support to our operation in making sure that deliveries throughout their day are efficiently completed, on time, every time whilst remaining calm under pressure. You will;
- Communicate with the multiple different departments to ensure that our days operation runs smoothly
- Update daily reports and log any issues.
- Fleet allocation
- Communicate with the Driver’s ensuring that any statements and paperwork is completed at the earliest opportunity
- Communicating with Shunter’s and Trunk Drivers making sure that the vehicles and trailers are allocated to the right locations
- Record and communicate out any issues to the relevant teams
A Few Things About You
What will I be expected to deliver?
- Maximise on quality, time and cost by ensuring that all vehicles are loaded efficiently, within legal and safety guidelines
- Support with performance on agreed KPI’s
- Smooth running of the night time operation
You need to be able to build lasting, effective relationships with people around you even under pressure and in difficult situations. You must be smart enough to think on your feet and have a passion to drive our performance paying careful attention to the service we deliver for our customers. You will be enthusiastic and driven towards achieving high standards of quality and be bold enough to make key decisions quickly and trust your own judgement in the absence of the Operations Manager.
- An in-depth understanding of a logistics operations
- Experience of working to tight deadlines
- Experience of working in a transport/logistics environment with daily fluctuating workloads
- Able to react quickly to information, helping solve any challenges to routes
- Able to remain calm and focused under time pressure
- Able to solve problems independently and with confidence
- Able to communicate effectively especially by email and phone
- Has a logical and methodical approach to all tasks
- PC literate, particularly Microsoft Packages
- Experience using in-house transport management systems is an advantage
A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
- 24 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme
- Healthcare Cashback Scheme
- Attendance Bonus
- Exclusive Staff Discount
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Packages
- Employee of the month awards
- Expression of wish service
- Make a difference days (x2 fully paid charity days a year)
- Share-save Scheme
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.