A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
You will be part of our talented original video team specialising in capturing and editing campaign, long-form and product content for AO World. Working within the larger multimedia team, you will have the chance to work with 3D, Motion Graphics and VFX artists as well as external crew and talent to produce campaigns for AO and brands such as Samsung, Microsoft and Bosch.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Shoot and direct on location / in studio to a consistently high standard.
- Contribute ideas to brainstorms and formats.
- Write treatments and shooting scripts for development and sign-off prior to production.
- Ingest, edit and grade footage to a professional standard.
- Work under guidance of senior creative staff, who oversee content and production.
- Help with production schedules & itineraries to ensure the delivery of content.
- Pitch and present to internal stakeholders.
- Adhere to production and publication deadlines.
- Identify trends in social video.
- Ensure any external assets used are either fully cleared or credited in accordance with http://AO.com video guidelines.
- Assist on other productions where necessary and requested.
- Keep up to date with new technologies and practices sharing knowledge with the wider team.
- Budget and reconcile individual productions which will include collaborating with external talent.
- Work with Production Coordinator to plan and coordinate shoots to a professional standard, including the use of production documentation (call sheets, risk assessments etc).
A Few Things About You
- Experience creating video content as part of a production company, media owner, commercial broadcast team or agency.
- Social media video production and broadcast experience highly desirable.
- Proficient in operation of professional camera, sound and lighting equipment.
- Detailed knowledge of Adobe Premiere and Photoshop.
- Audio mixing and colour grading experience would be an advantage.
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.