About The Role
AO - The Ultimate Destination for Your Career!
At AO, we take pride in our dedicated team of Vehicle Claim Handlers who work tirelessly to make a positive impact on our customers' lives. As a part of the team, you will oversee the investigation and updating of claims related to damage caused by our vehicles to third-party properties. As a member of our team, you will play a crucial role in assisting our insurance manager by administrating employer liability and public liability claims, as well as providing comprehensive support in all areas of insurance. Your contributions will be essential to ensuring the smooth operation of our insurance department. Our Claims Handlers approach each case with the utmost sensitivity and professionalism, ensuring a seamless process for our customers.
At AO, we believe that our employees are our greatest asset, that’s why we offer a range of benefits and opportunities to help you achieve your career!
Some of our top perks:
- Health cover that enables you to receive medical attention and improve your well-being. Access a GP or counsellor whenever you need, and easily reimburse expenses for treatments like physiotherapy, checkups, and dental work with just a click.
- Enjoy exclusive staff discounts and unlock savings on a wide range of discount perks.
- Embrace the chance to reap exceptional rewards with our specially crafted long-term bonus plan, exclusively designed for you, our valued AOer.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Hours: 37.5
- Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday
- Ensuring that all claims are handled on time and effectively.
- Negotiating settlement for vehicle property claims
- Working with the insurance manager to gather information on all ‘disputed’ claims from instigation to conclusion - recoveries and ELPL.
- Communicating with insurers on Recovery Packs and correspondence for non-fault incidents promptly, including advice when payment has been received.
- Logging and investigating unreported incidents, to establish which driver was involved.
- Working with third parties to ensure that we have all relevant insurance details and communicate the next steps.
- Raising all payments for settled claims to insurers and third parties and communicating any driver charges to outbase.
- Ensuring the file is updated with any relevant information and/or correspondence.
- Reviewing CCTV footage to establish the severity of damage.
- Managing and settling motor property claims
- Successfully reduce the number of outstanding claims
- Reduce overall costs of claims (With evidence of negotiation)
A Few Things About You
- Previous administration experience in a multi-faceted role is essential
- Having experience in insurance is essential, particularly with Motor Liability.
- Experience in liaising with outside organisations and customers with tact and diplomacy
- Experience in managing multiple deadlines
- Confident communicator both verbally and written
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Strong PC Skills, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
A Bit About Us
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re known for helping our customers brilliantly - and it’s no different for AOers. We care about more than what’s on your CV, because together we can do extraordinary things.
- 33 days holiday
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme
- Attendance Bonus
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Packages
- Make a difference day (x2 fully paid charity days a year)
- Gain exclusive ticket access to AO Arena, Sales Sharks, and Manchester Thunder.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.