A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
We are on the hunt for a UX Researcher to join the Digital Experience Team at AO. This is a hugely exciting opportunity to work directly with our customers to understand their thoughts and opinions, observe their shopping behaviors, test new concepts and to share everything you know with the rest of AO.
This role will give you the opportunity to work with multiple teams across the business as well as working especially closely with the UX Design Team. Together you will test, learn and shape designs to deliver an incredible customer experience, trial new products and innovate. We’ll be looking to you to demonstrate your knowledge and experience running User Research sessions and to help us build out our portfolio of methodologies and testing tools.
If you are passionate about research, thrive working in a fast paced environment and are fascinated by customers, then we want to hear from you!
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
The role of the UX Researcher will give you the opportunity to be completely immersed in the world of customer insights. Key responsibilities include:
- Working with stakeholders to identify opportunities for testing and to understand the objective of each piece of work.
- Creating well formulated briefs, testing against your hypotheses.
- Conducting and gathering customer research. This will include running a variety of research sessions using different methodologies each week.
- Analysing the information you are hearing and seeing and processing that into a format teams can easily digest. Proving recommendations that can help inform projects and influence the road map.
- Advising on the best methods for testing and seeking out alternative methods or tools that we require to deliver the best research we can.
- Championing sharing of knowledge across the business, helping to drive a culture of testing.
- Managing multiple projects at the same time and working with lots of areas of the business - UX Design, Optimisation, Creative Design, Content, Acquisition, IT, Brand, Operations and more.
A Few Things About You
- You are passionate about research, psychology and UX principles.
- You love to get stuck in, collaborate with designers and create incredible onsite experiences.
- You are customer focussed, always acting with the customer in mind.
- You are experienced, with a minimum of 2 years practical experience under your belt.
- You can demonstrate that you have a high level of knowledge around testing techniques and best practice approaches to testing. We need you to be confident utilising a variety of different research methods including usability testing, 1 to 1 interviews and focus groups.
- You have strong interpersonal skills, easily able to relate to both customers and stakeholders alike.
- Your enthusiasm for what you do is so infectious, it gets everyone else excited about it too.
- You are ambitious and have a keen determination to continue to learn and develop yourself.
- Although based in Bolton, the role requires travel to our offices in Manchester
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.