About The Role
The role of the UX Researcher will give you the opportunity to be completely immersed in the world of customer insights. We believe in putting customers at the heart of everything we do and all else will follow.
You will be collaborating with multiple squads, designers and various teams across the business to help lead the way and steer decisions we make through producing and championing customer insights.
You will be at the centre of understanding and empathising with our customers in order to create a meaningful experience.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Working with stakeholders to identify opportunities for testing and to understand the objective of each piece of work.
- Creating well formulated briefs, testing against your hypotheses.
- Conducting and gathering customer research. This will include running a variety of research sessions using different methodologies each week.
- Analysing the information you are hearing and seeing and processing that into a format teams can easily digest. Providing recommendations that can help inform projects and influence the road map.
- Advising on the best methods for testing and seeking out alternative methods or tools that we require to deliver the best research we can.
- Championing sharing of knowledge across the business, helping to drive a culture of testing.
- Managing multiple projects at the same time and working with lots of areas of the business - UX Design, Optimisation, Creative Design, Content, Acquisition, IT, Brand, Operations and more
A Few Things About You
- You are passionate about research, psychology and UX principles.
- You love to get stuck in, collaborate with designers and squads to create incredible onsite experiences.
- You are customer focussed, always acting with the customer in mind.
- You are experienced, with a minimum of 2 years practical experience under your belt or have a Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- You can demonstrate that you have a high level of knowledge around testing techniques and best practice approaches to testing. We need you to be confident utilising a variety of different research methods including usability testing, 1 to 1 interviews and focus groups.
- You have strong interpersonal skills, easily able to relate to both customers and stakeholders alike.
- Your enthusiasm for what you do is so infectious, it gets everyone else excited about it too.
- You are ambitious and have a keen determination to continue to learn and develop yourself.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.