A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
An exciting opportunity for a Purchase Ledger manager working within the UK Retail entity of the business. In this role you’ll be reporting directly into our Head of Retail Finance and contributing directly to the profitability of the business. This is a busy and demanding role, and requires somebody who is happy going into the detail with a meticulous attention to detail. The UK Retail Finance team are a close- knit bunch, with a work hard, play hard attitude. This is a varied and often demanding role so we need someone who is up for the challenge!
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
Reporting directly into the Head of UK Retail Finance Manager, you will manage a team of 10 purchase ledger clerks, with direct reports of two purchase ledger supervisors. You can expect your day to day role to include the following:
- Ensure appropriate PO, stock receipt and invoice matching is in place by understanding the mechanisms of Microsoft Dynamics AX and manage/correct issues or anomalies
- Regular review of creditors ledger for both stock and overheads - managing all balances (ageing / debits etc)
- Build relationships and have regular dialogue with equivalent managers at stock suppliers, efficiently resolving any issues
- Review of all Supplier statement reconciliations
- Working with query management team to ensure all disputed invoices are resolved correctly within the system
- Build relationship with internal finance system development team to ensure appropriate and swift resolution of issues
- Ensure appropriate VAT treatment of all invoices, and be able to resolve issues
- GRNI management
- Expense system management as well as being a key driver of the PO system project
- Payment practices reporting
- Ensure all PL team have appropriate objectives and KPI management
- Be the first port of call for team members and ensure time is set aside to have meaningful conversations regarding their development
- Other ad-hoc work as required by the Finance Director and Head of Retail Finance
A Few Things About You
- Experience of use of Microsoft Dynamics AX is preferable
- Significant experience running large purchase ledger teams
- Proven track record of strong KPI management
- Proven track record of driving system and process improvements
- Demonstrable evidence of leading and developing a team
- High proficiency in MS Excel (sumifs, vlookups, pivots etc.)
- Takes ownership of tasks, maintaining focus when tight deadlines are required
- Demonstrates good time management to achieve task completion and utilises time effectively
- Good level of communication and confident within own abilities
- Listens for understanding and expresses information clearly and concisely
- Demonstrates creative thinking when solving problems, constantly driving improvement of time consuming tasks
- Understands a common goal, shares information with colleagues, contributes to an atmosphere of trust
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, focuses on a ‘can do’ way of thinking, and is willing to accept new challenges
- Ability to build strong relationships with various stakeholders across the business including senior management
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.