About The Role
You will work closely with our, Transport Operations Manager, Transport department, and W/house operations and Drivers daily. As part of your role, you will also liaise regularly with our other Central Management including the Quality and Commercial teams and P & D, to make sure that the sites transport operates efficiently and runs smoothly whilst promoting a happy working environment.
Our Transport Manager play an integral part in ensuring Excellent customer service is deliver to each one of our customers while setting and maintaining standards from operational policies, transport legislations, health and safety and people management.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
Our people help us to achieve excellent standards and that is why you will be able to manage your team promoting a fun working environment throughout everything we do. You will;
- CPC qualification essential.
- Demonstrable Transport Management experience
- Ensure the transport operation remains legal and compliant through transport legislation and operational requirements.
- Maintain efficiency through effective people management.
- Manage the drivers, manage their expectations, and address any challenges.
- Delegate and supervise daily tasks, being accountable for any issues.
- Update and submit report to the Head Office, and Senior Management team on a weekly basis.
- Responsibility for planning and allocation of work/routes.
- Volume fluctuations
- Motivate and support all direct report.
- Carry out HR processes in a fair and consistent way including investigations, grievances, disciplinary meetings, performance management and appraisals.
- Proactively manage risk to enable employees to work in line with H&S procedures. Must have up to date knowledge of H&S legislation.
What will I be expected to deliver?
- Performance on agreed KPI’S
- Effective leadership with a motivated workforce
- Management of the budget for the depot including cost to deliver.
A Few Things About You
You will be able to work under pressure and be driven to deliver objectives in a professional manner whilst promoting a happy environment so that you team is motivated and productivity is at its maximum, you will be smart enough t think on your feet, work independently, and have a passion to deliver the service we promise our customers. Our depot Manager are bold enough to challenge they way in which we deliver our service so we can improve the way we work.
- You will have excellent logistics knowledge including transport legislation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the home delivery sector.
- Knowledge of understanding of HR issues and managing performance.
- Experience of working to tight deadline and meeting targets.
- Experience of working to KPI’s and budgets.
- Understanding of working in an environment with daily changing workloads.
- Able to inspire and motivate others.
- You will thrive in a customer driven and fast paced environment.
- Confident with a fair and consistent approach to people management
- Able to remain calm under pressure and solve problems autonomously.
- Organised and methodical
- Able to produce management reports.
- PC literate including warehouse software and Microsoft packages
- CPC Holder
A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.