About The Role
Transport is key to our logistics network and our Transport Manager plays a key role in that operation. You would be working closely with our wider management team on a daily basis as well as integrating with all other areas of our operations. Efficiency is key when it comes to supporting a first class service and we are proud of our network. We are looking for someone to join the management team here in Crewe who is ready for a new challenge and eager to become part of a great team.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
Our Transport Manager will play an integral part in ensuring excellent customer service is delivered to each and every one of our customers while setting and maintaining standards from operational policies, transport legislation, health & safety and people management. Our aim is to be the best in class at customer service delivery and we can only do this through being smart with our operational running and bold with our decision making. Our people help us to achieve excellent standards and that is why you will be able to manage your team promoting a fun working environment throughout everything we do. You will;
* Ensure that the transport operation remains legal and compliant through transport legislation and operational requirements.
* Ensure that vehicles and trailers are kept in a fit and roadworthy condition
* Experience in Transport driver planning.
* Lead on the effective management of driver hours by ensuring compliance with the driving hours rules
* Ensure all deliveries are OTIF
* Maintain efficiency through effective people management
* Manage HGV drivers, manage their expectations and address any challenges.
* Update and submit reports to the Regional Manager, Head Office and Senior Management team on a weekly basis.
* Motivate and support all direct reports
* Carry our HR processes in a fair and consistent way including investigations, grievances, disciplinary meetings, performance management and appraisals.
WHAT WILL I BE EXPECTED TO DELIVER?
* Performance on agreed KPI’s
* Effective leadership with a motivated workforce
* Management of the budget for the Outbase including cost to deliver
A Few Things About You
* You will have excellent logistics knowledge including transport legislation
* Demonstrate an understanding of transport
* Experience in leading and motivating your team
* Knowledge or understanding of HR issues and managing performance
* Experience of working to tight deadlines and meeting targets
* Experience of working to KPI’s and budgets
* Experience of driver planning and route planning.
* Understanding of working in an environment with daily changing workloads
- A CPC (National & International) is a prerequisite for the position.
- Able to inspire and motivate others
* You will thrive in a customer driven and fast paced environment
* Confident with a fair and consistent approach to people management
* Able to remain calm under pressure and solve problems autonomously
* Able to communicate effectively at all levels
* Organised and methodical
* Able to produce management reports
* PC literate including warehouse software and Microsoft Packages
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.