About The Role
As our Transport Debriefer you will work closely with be a vital member of the team that helps to ensure each one of our customers receive their appliance on time, every time.
In return for you living our values we provide:
- 4on 4 off shift patterns to support a great home life balance.
- 12-hour shifts
- Excellent internal development opportunities.
- Employee discount and a growing list of other perks.
- Pension Plan.
- On-going learning and development opportunities within our business
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
Our Transport De-briefer will assist with the daily Outbase operation helping to ensure that the Outbase runs effectively at all times. You will provide on-going support to our Drivers in making sure that deliveries throughout their day are efficiently completed, on time, every time whilst remaining legally compliant with Transport legislation and working time directives.
- Debrief all returning vehicles
- Checking for damages and any safety issues
- Communicating with Drivers regarding the daily runs and any issues
- Reporting defects using our in-house systems
- Managing VOR’s
- Downloading camera footage taken from the vehicles and tachograph machines
- Liaise with our vehicle management unit and Sub-Contractors
A Few Things About You
* An understanding of transport legislation and logistics operations
* Experienced in dealing with Drivers.
* Experience of working in a transport/logistics environment with daily fluctuating workloads is desirable
* Able to react quickly to information, helping solve any challenges and deal with any issues.
* Able to remain calm and focussed under time pressure
* Able to solve problems independently and with confidence
* Able to communicate effectively face to face
* Has a logical and methodical approach to all tasks
* PC literate, specifically Microsoft Packages
* Experience using in-house transport management systems is an advantage
A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.