About The Role
You will work closely with our Outbase Manager, Nightshift Supervisors and Transport Administrators on a daily basis to make sure that the Outbase runs smoothly and that each and every one of our customers receives their appliance on time, every time. You will work very closely with our Self Employed Drivers on their return to the Outbase, dealing with any issues that might arise.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
Our Transport De-briefer will assist with the daily Outbase operation helping to ensure that the Outbase runs effectively at all times.
You will provide on-going support to our Drivers in making sure that deliveries throughout their day are efficiently completed, on time, every time whilst remaining legally compliant with Transport legislation and working time directives. Our customer is at the heart of everything we do and through your support to our Outbase Manager, your colleagues and the Self Employed Drivers you will be a part in making that happen. You will;
- Debrief all returning vehicles
- Checking for damages and any safety issues
- Communicating with Drivers regarding the daily runs and any issues
- Reporting defects using our in-house systems
- Managing VOR’s
- Downloading camera footage taken from the vehicles and tachograph machines
- Liaise with our vehicle management unit and Sub-Contractors
A Few Things About You
WHAT WILL I BE EXPECTED TO DELIVER?
- Operational in-house system
- VOR management
You need to be able to build lasting, effective relationships with people around you even under pressure and in difficult situations. You must be bold enough to challenge any vehicle issues or damages with our Drivers whilst being able to think on your feet and have a passion to drive our performance forwards. You will pay careful attention to the service we deliver for our customers though the high standards we promote with vehicle image demonstrating initiative in your own decision making in the absence of the Outbase Manager.
- Able to remain calm and focussed under time pressure
- Able to solve problems independently and with confidence
- Able to communicate effectively face to face
- Has a logical and methodical approach to all tasks
- PC literate, specifically Microsoft Packages
- Experience using in-house transport management systems is an advantage
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
As an AOer, you get some pretty amazing benefits. As well all as the essentials, like competitive salary, pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.
To see all our benefits and perks visit our AO Benefits page.