About The Role
As our Transport De-Briefer, you will ensure that the depot always runs smoothly and you will work very closely with our Drivers as they return to the Depot, dealing with any issues that might arise.
Our Transport De-Briefer will provide on-going support to our Drivers making sure that all deliveries throughout the day are completed, on time, every time, whilst remaining legally compliant with Transport legislation and Working Time Directives.
- Salary: £10.36 per hour / £21,673.34 per annum
- Hours: 4 on 4 off shift pattern, working 10:30am-22:00pm (40.25 hours per week)
- Job Type: Full time and permanent contract
- Location: The Heights, Unit 1, Cranbourne Industrial Estate, Cranborne Road, Potters Bar, EN6 3JN
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- De-brief all returning vehicles to the depot
- Checking for any damages and safety issues
- Communicating with Drivers regarding the daily runs and dealing with any issues
- Reporting any defects
- Managing VOR’s
- Downloading camera footage taken from the vehicles and tachograph machines
- Liaise with our vehicle management unit, subcontractors and Drivers
A Few Things About You
- An understanding of transport legislation and logistics operation
- Able to build good relationships with people even when under pressure
- Challenge any vehicle issues or damages with our Drivers
- Able to make decisions in the absence of the Depot Manager to drive performance and service
- React quickly to information and be able to solve problems independently
- Good communication skills both verbally and written
- Competent use of Microsoft, particularly Excel
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
- 24 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme
- Healthcare Cashback Scheme
- Attendance Bonus
- Exclusive Staff Discount
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Packages
- Expression of wish service
- Make a difference days (x2 fully paid charity days a year)
- Share-save Scheme
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.