About The Role
WHO WILL I WORK WITH?
You will work closely with our Transport Supervisors , Night shift operations team and the Transport department ensuring that the operation runs smoothly and that each and every one of our customers receives their appliance on time, every time through efficient distribution of the paperwork to our Drivers at the start of their day.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
Our Transport Administrator will ensure that the daily Outbase Nights runs effectively at all times. You will provide on-going support to our Drivers in making sure that deliveries throughout their day are efficiently completed, on time, every time whilst remaining legally compliant with Transport legislation and working time directives. Our customer is at the heart of everything we do and through your support to our Outbase Manager, your colleagues and the Self Employed Drivers you will be a part in making that happen. You will;
- Record any vehicle defects and communicate this to the Outbase Manager/De-Briefers and Nightshift Supervisors to ensure that no vehicles classed as off the road are used.
- Allocate routes to our Self Employed driver’s for the following day, managing their expectations; fairly and consistently.
- Communicate with the Driver’s ensuring that any statements and paperwork is completed at the earliest opportunity
- Ensure that all licence checks are completed for new Self-employed drivers and remain in line with regulatory bodies through DVLA
- Order Outbase supplies when required including uniform requirements for new Driver’s.
- Controlling the fuel card’s - issuing and reporting any lost or stolen to ensure that replacements can be issued
- Raising purchase order’s when required
A Few Things About You
- An in-depth understanding of transport legislation and logistics operations
- Experience of working to tight deadlines
- Experience of working in a transport/logistics environment with daily fluctuating workloads
- Able to react quickly to information, helping solve any challenges to routes
- Able to remain calm and focussed under time pressure
- Able to solve problems independently and with confidence
- Able to communicate effectively especially by email and phone
- Has a logical and methodical approach to all tasks
- PC literate including warehouse software and Microsoft Packages
- Can use Excel to intermediate or advanced level
- Experience using in-house transport management systems is an advantage
A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.