About The Role
You will work closely with our Outbase Manager and operational staff on a daily basis to make sure that the Outbase runs smoothly and that each and every one of our customers receives their appliance on time, every time.
You will provide on-going support to our Drivers in making sure that deliveries throughout their day are efficiently completed, on time, every time whilst remaining legally compliant with Transport legislation and working time directives.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Record any vehicle defects and communicate this to the Outbase Manager, De-Briefers and Nightshift Supervisor to ensure that no vehicles classed as of the road are used.
- Allocate routes to our Self Employed Driver for the following day, managing their expectations;fairly and consistently.
- Update daily reports for the Outbase and log any issues
- Communicat with the Drivers ensuring that any statements and paperwork is completed at the earliest opportunity
- Ensure that all licen cheks are completed for new self employed drivers and remain in line with regulatory bodies through DVLA
- Order Ourbase supplies when required
- Controll fuel card's, issuing and reporting any lost or stolen to esnure that replacements can be issued
- Raise purchase orders
- Complete daily check; fire log, site checks
A Few Things About You
You need to be able to build lasting, effective relationships with people around you even under pressure and in difficult situations. You must be smart enough to think on your feet and have a
passion to drive our performance paying careful attention to the service we deliver for our customers. You will be enthusiastic and driven towards achieving high standards of quality and be bold enough to make key decisions quickly and trust your own judgement in the absence of the Outbase Manager.
* An in-depth understanding of transport legislation and logistics operations
* Experience of working to tight deadlines
* Experience of working in a transport/logistics environment with daily fluctuating workloads
* Able to react quickly to information, helping solve any challenges to routes
* Able to remain calm and focussed under time pressure
* Able to solve problems independently and with confidence
* Able to communicate effectively especially by email and phone
* Has a logical and methodical approach to all tasks
* PC literate including warehouse software and Microsoft Packages
* Can use Excel to intermediate or advanced level
* Experience using in-house transport management systems is an advantage
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.