A Bit About Us
A fantastic opportunity to join an award-winning company. With Favourable shift patterns to allow an excellent work life balance. We offer great internal development opportunities, Employee discount along with a growing list of other perks including simply health and a pension plan…..
More About the Role
You will work closely with our Outbase Manager and operational staff on a daily basis to make sure that the Outbase runs smoothly and that each and every one of our customers receives their appliance on time, every time.
You will provide on-going support to our Drivers in making sure that deliveries throughout their day are efficiently completed, on time, every time whilst remaining legally compliant with Transport legislation and working time directives.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Record any vehicle defects and communicate this to the Outbase Manager, De-Briefers and Nightshift Supervisor to ensure that no vehicles classed as of the road are used.
- Allocate routes to our Self Employed Driver for the following day, managing their expectations;fairly and consistently.
- Update daily reports for the Outbase and log any issues
- Communicat with the Drivers ensuring that any statements and paperwork is completed at the earliest opportunity
- Ensure that all licen cheks are completed for new self employed drivers and remain in line with regulatory bodies through DVLA
- Order Ourbase supplies when required
- Controll fuel card's, issuing and reporting any lost or stolen to esnure that replacements can be issued
- Raise purchase orders
- Complete daily check; fire log, site checks
A Few Things About You
You need to be able to build lasting, effective relationships with people around you even under pressure and in difficult situations. You must be smart enough to think on your feet and have a
passion to drive our performance paying careful attention to the service we deliver for our customers. You will be enthusiastic and driven towards achieving high standards of quality and be bold enough to make key decisions quickly and trust your own judgement in the absence of the Outbase Manager.
* An in-depth understanding of transport legislation and logistics operations
* Experience of working to tight deadlines
* Experience of working in a transport/logistics environment with daily fluctuating workloads
* Able to react quickly to information, helping solve any challenges to routes
- Able to remain calm and focussed under time pressure
* Able to solve problems independently and with confidence
* Able to communicate effectively especially by email and phone
* Has a logical and methodical approach to all tasks
* PC literate including warehouse software and Microsoft Packages
* Can use Excel to intermediate or advanced level
* Experience using in-house transport management systems is an advantage
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.