About The Role
Our Transport Administrators play a vital part in the operation and the customer journey by making sure that all our customers receive their deliveries on time, every time.
You’ll work closely with our routing team and provide continual support to the Self-Employed Drivers dealing with any issues that might arise. You’ll also ensure that we remain legally compliant within Transport Legislation and working time directives.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Record any vehicle defects and ensure that no vehicles classed as ‘off-the-road’ are being used
- Allocate routes to our Self-Employed drivers for the following day
- Update daily reports for the Outbase and log any issues
- Communicate with drivers ensuring that any statements and paperwork is completed
- Complete licence checks for new Self-Employed Drivers
- Order uniform when needed for drivers
- Issue and report any lost or stolen fuel cards
- Raising purchase orders when required
- Ensure that all vehicles are loaded efficiently within legal and safety guideline
A Few Things About You
- An in-depth understanding of transport legislation
- Able to remain calm and focused under pressure
- Able to solve problems independently and with confidence
- Able to communicate effectively especially via email and phone
- PC literate including Microsoft packages with Excel at intermediate or advanced level
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 24 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.